016.

────── ✾ ────── 

march 2003

 ────── ✾ ────── 

Rose woke up with her forehead glued to her book. She had fallen asleep while studying earlier the evening but woke up when she heard an ambulance driving past her building. She yawned, and put her books aside before getting up and headed to the living room. The apartment was empty ― Theo was still working on his extra shift.

While things have been great between them, Rose would be lying if she said their dinner with the Malfoys hasn't had its affects on her relationship with Theo. It wasn't about Rose though but Theo who seem to walk on eggshells at all times. Rose didn't feel like he needed to ― she knew he has his secrets but she couldn't hold him accountable for it, she had secrets of her own too. 

She has thought about telling Theo the truth about her magic but every time she imagines the scene in her head where she tells him ― she freaks out and pushes even the thought of telling him away. 

Rose could feel her fingers tingling once again which often meant that her magic wanted to be used. She hated the feeling, she absolutely loathed it but it wasn't going to go away until she does some magic ― she has learned this the hard way. 

"Just a little bit," she muttered to herself while curling and flexing her fingers. 

She opened her hands wide open, palms facing the ceiling and took in a deep breath before exhaling.

The vibrations of her magic made her head ache uncomfortably ― she hated that. She was aware that if she had been more accepting of her magic as a child and perhaps even accepted the offer to study in a magic school, her life might had been easier when it comes to controlling her powers. However eleven years old Rosemary did not want to leave her mothers and attend some freak school.

Small sparks of magic left her finger tips and although she had to admit the feeling was quite good ― she hated it. If it was up to her, she wouldn't have any magic. 

It was unnatural.

While Rose was very displeased that she needed to use some magic, she was more than glad to do it now than when Theo's home and she has to hide it. More sparks flew across the air and soon Rose had blasted a tea pot into thousands tiny pieces. 

"Oh come on..." Rose groaned and immediately turned her focus from her magic to the broken tea pot on the floor.

This was how Rose sees magic ― as something that breaks everything it touches. She remembers when she was eleven years old and the old witch came to her front porch, Rose wanted nothing else than to get rid of her magic. But she couldn't. Magic was going to be a part of her forever and she had no choice than to live with the matter.