038.

────── ✾ ────── 

january 2004

────── ✾ ────── 

Rose stayed in her room for several days after the horrific revelations and before she even noticed, the fireworks of New Year decorated the sky. She was still upset and felt lost ― she didn't know what to do. She knew what people wanted her to do but she didn't want to do it. 

The way she had acted just before the Malfoys had left a week ago was not her proudest moments. She knew she had been a brat but she had every reason to be one. 

She just couldn't believe it and not only because the Malfoys were her family but because her biological mother wasn't actually dead nor was her father a cowards who left her. She never thought she would meet them ― at least not her. Her biological mother was supposed to dead but no, instead Rose has spent several days with the woman, disliking her. 

"I don't feel bad," said Rose when she noticed Theo glancing at her rather nervously. "I really don't."

Theo nodded but said nothing. He didn't know what to say ― he had no idea. The last week had been horrible and to avoid any awkward conversations, he had spent most of his time with Jacob and helped him to renovate his shed. 

May and Ellen had done their best to make Rose feel as normal as she possibly could but nothing in the world could ever do that. But at the same time, they wanted Rose to try and understand the Malfoys point of view. 

They didn't like the people ― that was sure and obvious but they were mothers and only the thought of loosing Rose hurt them with pain they didn't want anyone to experience. 

"Like what am I suppose to feel? Because everyone keeps telling me to feel bad for them and I know I probably should. It wasn't their fault but the fact that they have been horrible to me before this whole time makes everything so much more complicated."

"Because now, when they were here the last time with news, they looked at me so differently. They looked at me with emotions and they talked to me. They weren't condescending or anything. Narcissa cried, for God's sake! She was begging Mimi and Mima to give her a chance to get to know me. And not as your girlfriend but as me, as Rose. Not Rosemary or Miss Venice."

Rose was now pacing back and forth the kitchen, wondering and cursing what to do. She really disliked the Malfoys ― she even hated them. She didn't want to give them a chance, she didn't think they deserved it.

She had no respect to people who change their opinions of things or people just because the circumstances have changed. 

"You know you can say something. I won't bite your head off," Rose said when Theo hadn't uttered a word.