046.

────── ✾ ──────

march 2004

────── ✾ ────── 

It was fair to say that Narcissa was nervous. She has never spent an afternoon with her daughter, let along spend one alone with her. No one else was coming with them and excitement but nervousness had taken over Narcissa. She was almost afraid ― she was afraid that she will fall apart within minutes. Lucius had told her what Rose had said about her spilling tears and how it makes Rose uncomfortable.

"Cissa darling, calm down. She will be here," said Lucius to Narcissa who stood by a window and looked outside to see when Rose was going to make an appearance. 

Narcissa shook her head. "You can't be sure. She doesn't like me, Luc. She could just easily not come here."

 "She will be here, don't worry," Lucius assured and placed a kiss on Naricssa's temple. 

"Oh please, easy for you to say. She actually doesn't hate you, she might even like you," muttered Narcissa, like she was a child and Lucius had gotten the better present.

Lucius didn't say anything but nudged his head towards the window. Narcissa frowned and turned to look at whatever had taken Lucius' attention. 

A soft smile spread across Narcissa's face when she saw Rose walking towards the building they were staying at. She had truly thought that Rose was going to bail on her but now seeing her, Narcissa couldn't help but feel her heart warming. 

"I'm nervous," Narcissa admitted and looked at her husband. "It's ridiculous but I am nervous. I've never been with her without anyone else being around."

"It will be fine," Lucius said. "She's not that scary."

Narcissa rolled her eyes. "Please, she's terrifying."

"Then she takes after you," smiled Lucius. "Now go. And have a good day with your daughter."

With anxiety all over her body, Narcissa left the room and went outside to see Rose. Narcissa felt how her hands were shaking and her heart beating faster than ever before. She didn't know what she should talk about with Rose, or how on Earth she can keep her emotions on hold.

Rose was waiting for Narcissa.

She was fidgeting a little. She was nervous too, if not even terrified. She was aware that she's been tough on Narcissa ― even more than she should have ― and she had promised Lucius and her mothers that she will be nicer to the woman she shares blood with. 

"Rose," said Narcissa, interrupting Rose's thoughts.

The younger blonde blinked once, trying to wrap her head around  the upcoming situation as fast as she could.