034.

────── ✾ ────── 

decemeber 2003

────── ✾ ──────

Rose was having the best time in Fjällbacka. The second she got there, she felt like the world was smiling to her ― regardless of what had happened earlier the day with the Malfoys. She was pissed at them but that feeling didn't even come close to the feeling of betrayal and confusion.

The man who has been part of her life was a member of the Malfoy family. He was Draco's grandfather, Lucius' father, Narcissa's father-in-law.

It was sick but Rose decided to rant about it once to her mothers, Jacob and Inez before burying it under the holiday festivities. Everyone was shocked to hear the accusations the Malfoys made against Rose but they were even more shocked to hear that Mr Kane was Abraxas Malfoy.

Ellen and May were furious and hurt by all the lies Mr Kane ― Abraxas ― has told. They no longer knew what was real and what was fake.

But Rose begged them to forget about it for the holidays and although they did not agree, they chose to respect their daughter's wishes.

Rose was happily playing in the snow with Ozzy whom she has missed more than words could describe. Rose had eaten her breakfast earlier with her family. She was in all high spirits now that Christmas had arrived ― she had wrapped Christmas presents, drank mulled wine and enjoyed the warmth of her home's fireplace after spending an entire day outside. 

"I missed you, yes I did," Rose cooed over Ozzy who happily wiggled his tail. "Remember Mr Kane? He's an arse, yes he is. He is a lying son of a bitch."

"That he is," said Theo and sat next to Rose.

Just minutes ago Theo had helped May to install the lasts of Christmas lights.

Rose turned to look at Theo. "I just can't fucking believe it. And why? Why did he lie?"

"I have no idea..." Theo sighed and placed a kiss on Rose's temple. "Do you want to know?"

"No," Rose shook her head. "I don't want to know."

Not knowing was the best, it was for her own good. She didn't want to know what had made Mr Kane lie about his real identity and she wanted to keep it that way. Whatever web of lies Abraxas had made over the years did not interest Rose at all. 

"I have never seen your mothers so upset," said Theo, remembering the night before when Rose told her mothers about Abraxas. 

"Well they trust the man, or trusted to be more exact," said Rose. "He is the one who brought me to them, not directly but still. Because of his efforts, I was placed to the hospital where Mimay worked. That's how she and Mimi found me and adopted me."