024.

────── ✾ ──────

july 2003

────── ✾ ──────

At first, Inez Hanson seems like a sweet girl but the second people she cares about are being bullied, threatened or treated poorly, she turns into a full bulldog. While the Malfoys were keeping their opinions to themselves this time ― excluding some intentional/unintentional comments ― Inez knew all about the things they have said over the course of the past months.

The Malfoys had thought that Rose was the loudest and opinionated, most sarcastic person in the world but then they met Inez ― in the light of that, Rose didn't seem too bad.

"So I heard a rumor that my Rosie should have Theo's babies, preferably sons," Inez said at one point between the main course and dessert.

May nearly chocked while Ellen took a good sip of her wine, emptying the whole glass immediately.

"Well only if they get married," said Cygnus.

Inez frowned. "Seriously?"

"I'm afraid so," muttered Rose and glanced at her mothers ― they were both still quite stunned by Inez's words. 

They knew about the whole 14th century thing with proper marriages and male heirs ― Rose had told them everything but they had very hard time believing it was actually something the Malfoys and Blacks had talked to Rose about. It seemed so old-fashioned, outdated and wrong. 

"Do you have sons, Mr Black? I know Mrs Malfoy is your daughter but I don't know if you have any sons. You see, they are important to have, aren't they?" Inez fired more questions. 

Cygnus cleared his throat. "No I do not have any sons but I do consider Lucius as one. He is married to my daughter after all."

"Aww cute but doesn't that make you a hypocrite?" Inez snorted. "Demanding Rosie to have boys while you don't have any."

Inez's words left Draco gobsmacked ― no one has ever been so blunt with Cygnus Black.

"But you said something about Lucius being like a son to you. So does that mean, if Theo and Rosie get married, your daughter and son-in-law might consider Rose as their daughter," said Inez. "Will you Mr and Mrs Malfoy?"

"Oh dear lord..." muttered Odette who was ready to slap Inez ― she had no patience for the young woman.

Lucius visibly tensed up which wasn't unnoticed by Rose or her mothers and Jacob.