006.

────── ✾ ────── 

october 2002

────── ✾ ────── 

The next morning was quiet. The couple sipped their morning coffees without saying a word. Rose could tell that Theo didn't sleep a blink last night. Rose  didn't mention Daphne nor Blaise again and neither did Theo. However, Rose could tell that Theo was thinking of them as well.

It was possible that the Blaise and Daphne, Rose had met were just some random people but Theo knew he wasn't that lucky. 

"The train is going to be late," said Rose when putting the phone down. "Something with construction work."

Theo nodded.

Rose bit her lip once she didn't receive an answer from Theo but just a nod. She wasn't sure was he upset with him or just with the situation. Or was he even upset. Ever since last night when she told him that she had met Blaise and Daphne ― he quickly turned to the person he was before. 

Someone who didn't share anything.

It had taken so long for Theo to finally open up, it was only yesterday when he revealed the name of the woman who practically raised him. Rose could already see how Theo was falling back into his old ways minute by minute and she didn't like it. 

"Theo..." started Rose with a voice she has used many times before ― a voice Theo recognized. 

"Not now Rose," he interrupted her which the blonde girl did not approve of. 

"You can't just shut me out again. I'm not that patient. I'm not going to wait around for you to open up again, I have life of my own. So what if I accidentally ran into your old friends? It's not like they know who I am and they didn't even see you," exclaimed Rose and crashed on the bed. "And so what if they know? They were your best friends, for God's sake!"

Theo turned his face away from Rose and walked over to the window. He looked outside and just like every day ― he searched but feared to find a blonde boy from the ground.

"I don't know what I'm suppose to say to them," sighed Theo, his eyes following the crowd outside. "I left, Rosie. I left without saying a word. They might not even know that I'm alive. So what am I suppose to say to them?"

"I'm sure they would understand," said Rose but Theo shook his head.

Whenever Theo and Rose were having problems, it was because of the secrets they both keep. Theo couldn't possibly tell everything to Rose without revealing his identity as a wizard ― Rose had the same problem. 

"They won't, okay? Where I come from, it doesn't matter if family and life makes you unhappy. They are yours and you are not to leave, it brings shame if you do. I brought shame on my family's name and if my father is still around, God he'll kill me," explained Theo.