1

Finally, I can open a shop of my own! I've found the perfect place for it and normally people should be coming more. I grabbed the rest of my stuff and placed it on the counter. I took a box cutter and started to unpack everything. Soon, I'll be receiving my flowers.

I heard a knock on the door and I turned my head too quickly and hurt my neck. Nevertheless, I went towards the door and opened it.

-Hello, how may I help you? I asked him without even noticing that I used my service voice.

-Um, hi. I think I've got your box by mistake. The tall man said and was looking away.

I looked up to his face and then back down. I observe the box and it indeed was mine. I was burning red by the mistake and took it away from his hands. Except I wasn't expecting it to be that heavy. I was about the fall down but luckily he bends down and place his hand under the box to hold it.

-Are you alright? He asked and looked at me.

He instantly got red and looked away and cleared his throat.

-Yeah, thanks. I said to break the tension between us.

-D-Do you want me to help you carry it in? He asked and I nodded with a smile which made him redder even more.

I went to the side so that he could enter safely and not drop the item.

-Where do I place it?

-Just leave on the floor, that'll do, thanks.

-No worries. Do you need any more help? He asked and turned to me.

I'm guessing that he calmed down a bit since he wasn't stuttering anymore and was less red.

-Umm, maybe after lunch, can you show me around? I've never come to this town.

-Oh, um, sure. What time?

-Do you have your number? I'll text you.

He nodded and he took out his phone and handed me it. I typed in my name and number and handed it back. He pressed call and I grabbed it out of my pocket.

-Yup, it's working. Can I just know your name?

-I'm Canada. And you're... I'm sorry if I pronounce it badly but, Ukraine?

-Call me Raine. It's hard for english speakers, I know.

-Cool, then call me Nada. And by the way, I live on the same street as you. If that's all, I gotta go soon.

-Oh wait! Before you go, I gotta give you this.

I went to the counter and over there, there were already some flowers in the vases. I grabbed a nice big yellow flower and handed to him gently.

-Here, a yellow rose. It represents friendship. I hope that you will accept it. I explained and poured my heart onto my words and smiled widely.

It got quite silent. He did indeed accept my rose and so he accepted our friendship. But he wasn't moving and he was bitting his lower lip. He got extremely red and hid his left hand in his pocket. Now I was getting worried that he might deny it.

-Thank you. He whispered and his voice was shaking.

-I'm sorry! Does the yellow rose represent something sad for you? I can always change it and give you sunflowers! It gives you joy and it's my favorite flower! Will that make you feel better? I shot him a lot of questions and I was stressing out and I tried to grab the flower back to quickly change.

-N-No! He called and grabbed my shoulder with his left hand and the right hand protecting the flower. Ah! Sorry...

He let go of my shoulder and looked down in embarrassment.

-I-It's just that my life has been tough and I've never received any flowers before. A-And, my favorite flowers are the ones that changes between seasons, if you were curios. He lowered his head down.

He looked in my eyes but his eyes were covered by his bangs a bit. I exhaled in relief and nodded. I smiled to him. He said that he needs to go now and started to walk out and I waved bye to him and kept my smile. He closed the door and I sighed. I went and bend down and observed the box some more.

-Hmmm, this is weird... It got the address right, but why would it leave it there? I asked myself and cut it open and it was vases so I was lucky that he grabbed it before it fell.

~

I've sent him the time and where to meet. I was already walking, hoping that I wasn't late, but I arrived on time and he was already sitting on a bench, scrolling on his phone. And he was concentrated with his phone so I was hesitant to disturb him but I knew I had to.

I walked up to him and he still hasn't felt my presence. I tap his shoulder and he lift his head. Since it was winter, I had my scarf to cover my mouth and nose. But even that, I made a smile and a small wave with my hand. He smiled and got red a bit. At this point, I've just accepted that he's like that with everyone.

-Where do you think it's the best to start with? I asked him and sat down beside him.

-Do you need to buy anything? If so, we can start with the shops, and which street to go for the best stuff. He suggested and I nodded.

I didn't need to buy anything but I knew that we had to start somewhere so I just accepted it. He got up first and I followed him after that. We started to walk towards my shop and we went into a small street. In a blink of an eye, there were a lot of people walking around with shopping bags.

-Wow, that's surprisingly near my place. I commented and he nodded.

-I noticed the narrow path walking out of your shop, so I wandered into it.

-...Why?

-Why what?

-Why would you wander to a place that you've never been to? I asked him in confusion and he got confused as well. Aren't you scared of robbers or killers?

-... This is a safe neighborhood. You don't have to worry about it. If you want, I can tell you another option to come here. But it takes longer.

-I-I prefer if you give me a path with a lot of people... I still don't trust people around here...

-What about me? He asked and acted like he was hurt by what I said.

-I don't know why but I feel safe with you. Probably because you didn't open the package.

-Hmmm... Well, should we go check the other path?

-Yes please! I said cheerfully and he nodded with a smile.

He decided that it might not be a good idea to go back to the path. I went and walked next to him and our arms were touching. Nada didn't seem to mind it so that was good.