8

America had to physically push me towards the party after some time and she stayed with me for most of the time. We were going around tables trying to take a good look on what Netherlands is doing with Nada at the moment. The reason behind it is to check how well she's playing into the role of "perfect girlfriend".

-Did Nada ever think to marry her at some point? I asked America and she thought about it.

-No, I don't think so. But honestly maybe. He doesn't tell me everything about the relationship, but if you were him and had dated this girl for a long time, you probably will think that she's perfect for you.

-Maybe this relationship was made because everyone wanted to see it happen. I said still eyeing them and fluffing the flowers to make the bloom look bigger and majestical.

I asked America to grab something in her car that I asked her to take before coming. I looked down on my hand and thought about the event that happened. Was it okay? I mean, she isn't really dating him but... He doesn't know that.

-Ukraine.

-What! I shouted in surprise and turned around.

-Are you alright? You zoned out for a minute. Nada asked me and reached out a hand.

-Yes, don't worry. I said and cleared my throat.

Next to him was Netherlands and was observing me and had a worried look on her face. I instantly plastered a smile on my face and took out my hand to shake hers.

-I'm Ukraine, and you are? I questioned her and she quickly returned that smile and shook my hand.

-I'm Netherlands! Nice to meet you. I really love the flowers that you choose for this party! She complimented me and I shook my head.

-It's my job, it must be perfect.

She nodded in agreement and Nada excused himself to go and find America to talk to her about something. I nodded and Netherlands asked if he wanted her to come with him and he refused. Now it was just me and her. I went to clean up some tables since there were petals laying around on the table and Netherlands decided to help me.

-Why did you became a florist? She asked me and while paying attention to what she was doing.

-Mostly because I really wanted to work with flowers and not trees so I couldn't be a botanist. It didn't interest me enough.

-Did you try?

-I did try. Failed the first semester.

She giggled and turned her head to the right. I'm alright if the friends that I'm close to did that, but I didn't know this person. I tried to avoid gripping the cloth since the mother told us that it was expensive, so in a moment if desperation, I grabbed the table brutally. The glasses and the vase shook. She was shocked at that movement and instantly kept quiet.

-Who are you to judge? I asked her in a cold voice and left towards the other table.

After a while, Nada did came back with nothing in his hands which told me he really only went there to talk to America. I told him where she might be and he thanked me for that. When America came back with the box, I asked her.

-What did Nada wanted to talk about?

-Huh?

-Nada went looking for you to talk to you, what did he say?

-No he didn't.

-What? He didn't?

-I mean, unless I have a short term memory lost, I don't think that he talked to me while I was searching.

-... I'm confused. But anyways, I have to vent, are you willing to listen? I asked her and she nodded. That bitch Netherlands laughed at me for not passing my first semester when I wasn't even planning on passing anyways!

-... What did you say? She asked me shocked and wanted to laugh.

-Oh shut up I'm pissed.

-But why are you mad if you plan on failing the class anyway?

-Because I didn't tell her that. Plus, she shouldn't do that even if the person plans on giving up. At least be sympathetic about it! I complained and America gave a side hug.

-You're right, what she did was bad. Sorry that I didn't believe you.

-... Sometimes I can't tell if you're joking or not.

-I'm not I swear! She exclaimed and I hummed.

The stuff that she brought back were ribbons that I asked her to buy since I've run out. I payed her of course. I took out three packs and one of them was white, the other one was red and the last one was blue. I didn't really pay attention to it too much but when I accidentally placed them together, I turned my head to her with a dissaproval looking face.

-What? She asked me and I lifted all three packs.

-Why these specific colors? And why so many different brands?

-Okay, I might have went to multiple different stores since the first one was all out.

I laughed softly and continued on my work. America's cheeks turned red when I laughed and helped me. She cutted the lenght that I wanted and had made a pile of them.

~

When the party was over, I had to stay back while America had an important meeting that she had to attend so she left me alone. I was cleaning the tables which had petals.

-How can I help? Nada asked from behind but I wasn't expecting it.

-Nada! I shouted and turned around, I accidentally made him jump. What- What are you doing here?

-I'm staying back a bit to help you out with the cleaning. I don't think that it will be fun to clean everything all alone! He explained and grabbed a broom on the floor.

-Umm, no need. You can go home now. I said and tried to take the broom out of his hand.

-Huh? He was shocked that I grabbed the broom. Umm... O-Okay? But I can stay, right?

-Why do you want to stay so much, huh?

-... W-Well I mean, we didn't talked a lot when you were working. And my girlfriend was surprisingly clingy today.

-Clingy? How so? She normally isn't? I shot him questions and he shook his head.

-Nah. Why?

-No reasons. I said and looked away.

I turned around and I was quickly trying to clean up everything. Nada stayed quiet while observing me. He did ended up helping me to clean up even if I told him not to.