17

-This was stupid, forget it. Ame sighed and started to get up.

-But-

-No, I don't want to hear a "no" from you.

-Wait, listen-

-I'm sorry for coming her-

-Oh my got America let me just TALK to you! God, you're like Canada, incredible. I shouted to her before she could get out of the building. Close that damn door and get back here!

Ame was actually scared of me and cleared her throat and closed the door. She walked to me and stood in front of me. She was taller than me but not as much as Canada. Dang, I guess height runs in the family.

-Ame, I know it must sucks to have a confession get rejected. But you need to hear it from me, I know you have to. I-

-Wait, hold up. You're telling me that you've never been rejected your whole life.

-Why? What did I say?

-You said "must sucks".

-I've never been on a date, let alone get asked to be in a relationship! And please, don't interrupt me. I exclaimed and grabbed her biceps.

She opened her mouth to say something but I shook my head.

-Ame, I'm not done. I love you, my heart pounds for you, but not in the same way as yours do for me. I look at you as a sister from another mother, as a best friend that I've known for years. But I can't go to that step, because I was never meant to cross it. You can, and did. I'm happy that you could and accepted yourself, but I can only admire you from afar. I'm sorry, but I can't accept your love...

Her eyes started to tear up and her mouth was wobbling. She slowly reached down to the floor and started to cry. She sat on her knees and I slipped myself in-between her arms. Ame rested her head on my chest and was crying silently. I didn't say anything and let her.

She soon stopped and pulled away. She wiped her eyes and I gave her a warm smile. She took a deep breath to clear her mind and had her eyes closed. She slowly opened them and looked at me. Her eyes shined of blackness and she sniffed.

-H-How do you know this pain..? She asked me and gave me a warm smile.

-My little sister... She's a lesbian and always talks about this girl with full of love. Sadly, she found out that her crush was straight, they were close friends too... They stopped. Well, what sexuality are you? I wanna know!

-I'm bisexual. And what about us?

-If you feel comfy enough, we still can be best friends. Nothing changes for me. I said and I shrugged.

-I would really love that...

She gave me a huge smile and wiped off the extra tear. The smile suddenly turned into a smirk.

-So, you and Canada huh.

-W-What do you mean? I got red, I guess she's trying to change things around.

-You know what I mean~. What did you guys do? She asked and crawled to me and planted herself next to me.

-I, I don't! I said laughing and nudged me with her shoulder.

-Don't coy around! It's clear that you like him~.

-I don't! I giggled nervously. Don't say that!

-Ah! You're all red!

-Stop it, Ame! I slapped her shoulder and she acted like I hurt her too much.

We both laughed. I had tears in my eyes and I was peaking towards her. When we calmed down, I cleared my throat.

-Just to be clear, I-I don't think that I have a crush on Nada. I said and fixed my hair a bit.

-Hhmm? You sure? You fixed your hair talking about him.

-Don't nit-pick. I swear, nothing is going on between me and him. Plus, I don't think after 3 years, he will be ready to be in a relationship. Don't you think?

-Maybe, but I swear, you caring for him for 3 years... If you don't end up with him, I'm gonna be so disappointed!

I only sighed and looked up to my clock. It was already 10 p.m. and I was getting tired. I wasn't even sure if I want a relationship with anyone. But there was something off when she said his name. I locked my hands together and looked down. Ame pushed me gently with her shoulder.

-Hmm, liar liar pants on fire. She said and got up and instantly left.

-Huh? Was all I could say before she left.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?! I got up myself after a while and swept off any dirt on my pants. I looked at the clock one more time and went back up the stairs after locking the door. I don't like him... right? Right, yes, I don't and I won't let those words affect me! Because he isn't ready, and neither am I.

{Author's note}

Hey... hi... how are you...

I know, long break, kill me. And this time, I actually don't have a reason. I got tired. Not of Countryhumans, God I wish. But of life and everything. My brother had to go to the hospital because he walked straight to a wall and he's fine but I worry about him a little bit.

So, I can't promise anything because no one can see the future, but I can promise an art book on Wattpad. I'm working on making the cover as we speak! Also, sorry for this short chapter... Like most of you know, I make 1000 words or more, but now, it's just 700+.

Okay, bye!