14

{3 years later}

I was behind the counter, working on another order. Ame was in front of me sitting on a stool and looking at her phone. There was Croatia with me lending me a helping hand. We got closer over the years and I kept in contact with Netherlands updating her on Canada. Talking about him, he was playing along. Going to therapy and not talking to me. But today marks the third year since that happened and while making the bouquet, I was observing the clock even more. Hopefully Canada will make the first step.

-Still stressing on the clock I see. Ame commented and I looked back to her.

-Yeah... I said and looked back down to what I was working on.

-Nada told me that he was going to hang out with some of his friends. She commented and I gripped on the flower stem.

-Oh really? Was the only thing that I could say.

-That's kinda shitty. Croatia said and we all turned to him. Uki over here stressing to meet him again and he was going around hanging out with other people!

-It's fine, Croatia. Canada doesn't know because we aren't talking at all.

-Yeah but, I thought you guys were close at that time.

-I can remind Canada about it, if you want. Ame said but in a low voice, like she wanted to hide that phrase.

-Not "if you want". Do it, because again, that's a horrible thing to do.

-I'm sorry, is your name Ukraine?

They started to fight like normal and it's quite funny. But honestly, it's sometimes annoying that Croatia always chooses what I have to do, but for the moment, I was indecisive whether I should ask Ame to do it. I took a stool that was behind me and dragged it near me. I sat down and was listening to them arguing. Now, instead of arguing about me, it's about someone else. And it wasn't even arguing, it was just talking.

-So, at the end, what are you going to do about Canada? Ame asked me and I lifted my head.

-I don't know yet... I mean, I want to talk to him, catch up with him. But I'm afraid.

-Of what? Croatia asked and I shrugged.

-I don't know yet. Maybe it's just anxiety, but still. You guys can choose for me.

They looked at each other and together they agreed on something, for once.

-I'll tell Canada to leave some time to let you guys go out together. Ame said and took out her phone.

-What? Croatia asked and she looked up to him. Did your grammar went out the window or something?

-Oh shut it you know what I mean. She slapped his hand that was on the counter and rolled her eyes.

-Forget about him, Ame. I started and she smirked to him, completely ignoring my statement. Thanks anyways for doing this.

-Your welcome. I have to go now, my mom is coming to meet us so I have to clean up. Buh bye! She said and got up and waved.

We both waved bye to her and she left. Me and Croatia were now alone together. We worked in silent and enjoyed the company.

-What are you going to talk about with Canada? Croatia asked me after some time and I shrugged.

-I really don't know anything, Croatia. I said and turned to him. Maybe talking about how he's doing and therapy and everything.

-Do you miss him?

-A bit, I wish that I could chat with him almost everyday... But I guess thanks to both of you, you guys helped me. But like Netherlands, she can't let him go, and neither can I.

I stared at him and we stayed quiet and smiled at each other. I met him by accident, when he was at his lowest. For me, this moment right here is him repaying me, even if I don't want him to be troubled with my problems. He turned back to his work and still had a smile on his face. I smiled wider and my cheeks got red from happiness. I turned back to my work and we were talking about everything and anything.

~

My phone was ringing. It was already in the evening and I was alone. I saw that it was Ame and I answered it.

-Hey, what's up? I said and she cleared her throat.

-I talked to Nada, he said that he would love to hang out with you. She said but in a rather monotone voice.

-Oh. Oh! What time? I said and took out a piece of paper and a pen.

-Now, actually. I've been busy, so I couldn't tell you earlier.

-What? Where?

-At the park, he's sitting on a bench.

-Okay, then, I'll talk to you soon! I said and hung up on the phone and quickly grabbed my purse and ran outside.

I closed the door and locked the door. I was running towards the park and my heart was pounding. My smile was getting wider the closer I get to him. I saw someone sitting on a bench and looking towards the sunset.

-Canada! I shouted but he didn't turn around. Canada? I asked and walked up to him.

I looked over his shoulder and saw that it wasn't him, it was Denmark. He turned to looked and me and we both jumped away from each other.

-Sorry! I thought that you were Canada. I said and pulled myself away.

-Oh no don't worry, everyone gets confused with me and him.

-Really?

-Well, you did. He said and we both chuckled at his comment.

-Well, again, I apologize!

-Don't worry. Hope you find him soon!

-Thanks! I said and walked away.

He nodded and I looked around. I was looking everywhere for a bench with a tall man, but he was nowhere to be seen.

-Hey, sorry to bother you again, but I have a question... I asked to Denmark and he looked back at me.

-Hmm? What is it?

-Is there any different parks than this?

-Umm, no? Why?

-Oh, no, don't worry... I said and thanked him again and walked away.

I didn't want to leave just yet. I was looking everywhere and I finally sat down underneath a tree. I leaned on the bark of the tree and took a breather. I heard a heavy sigh behind me. I look behind the tree and whispered.

-Canada?