15

We looked at each other in the eyes shocked.

-Oh! Ukraine, I was looking for you actually. I was done hanging out with my friends, and then America told me you wanted to hang out with me, and-

I jumped to him to give him a hug. He was shocked for a moment but soon enough, fell into my arms. He hugged me back. I noticed that he let his hair grow and I could feel a some type of beard. Though, it wasn't a full one. It was just like small spikes, made me a bit uncomfortable. I pulled away and looked at him. I wanted to ask him a bunch of questions. Like, how was therapy? Did you make new friends along the way? Have you met anyone? But at the end, all I could say was;

-How have you been?

-I've been doing fine for the moment. How about you?

-This isn't about me, it's about you. Talk about your life to me, please. But without hiding any secrets.

The last sentence caught him off guard. Maybe he wasn't ready to tell me, but everyone said to go to the source of all of this, meaning Canada. Everyone tried to explain, but they all gave different stories and I get confused. Ame wasn't a big help since she never understood what was going on in his head except that it can become quite dangerous.

-I uh... Are you sure? He said and I nodded. Well, where do I begin?

-The very beginning. Did something happened in your childhood or something? I asked and he was thinking.

-Childhood? He asked himself and I looked at him flabbergasted.

-Do you know what childhood means?

-Of course I do. But that isn't the problem...

-Oh... You don't have one, do you?

-I mean, I can't really remember what happened. All I could trace back was when I first got my camera. Around 10 years old, maybe? I was walking around the forest with Aussie and taking pictures. Although, it broke after a while of using it. I wonder how it got broken, but I felt hurt. I was miserable, and till this day, I don't remember why it effected me so much... He explained and took out his camera and examined on it, and so did I.

He got comfortable and leaned his back on the trunk of the tree and kept his eyes on the camera. I followed his movement and planted myself next to him.

-When did you started to film?

-That was my third camera that I got for Christmas, I was 14. The camera that I'm holding right now is the 9th. I got it when I was 20, I think. It was a birthday present. My first ever video filming was the forest that I was walking in. I was an idiot back then and I thought that I could catch Slenderman in the act. He commented with a chuckle. Didn't get him, but America kept saying funny comments and it's always fun to listen to it again after years of not listening.

-And the unhealthy obsession happened when, exactly?

-Valentines day. I was like, 16. I started to date Netherlands. I filmed her doing random stuff. Sometimes I caught her crying and I was just filming. That was the first fight we ever had. It just worsen after that. The only reason why we stayed with each other was because people wanted it, and because we care for each other. But not as much that I stopped doing what I liked for my partner. It wasn't supposed to last. One of us will eventually break.

-But... If you knew that, why did you continued? Did you seriously love her?

-I think I did. But now, I found out that it was only friend kind of love. Specifically, the best friend one. I mean, why do I still keep in touch with her?

He looked up to me and his eyes were watering. I was slightly shocked and only opened my mouth a little bit. When he felt a tear dropping on his cheek, he wiped it away and looked back down to the camera. I closed my mouth and noticed that his hands were trembling. I placed mine on his to let him know that I'm here.

-Do you want to break this addiction? I asked him after a while.

-I don't know. I want to film, the good and the bad... But sometimes, I go to far. Then it turns into pleasure.

-Who was the person who gave you your first ever camera?

-My father! He exclaimed but then had wide eyes. My father... He whispered and I leaned my head to the left.

-What's up with your father? Did he hurt you?

-I... Don't know... I don't know who he is but I know that it was him who gave me all of my cameras, up until I left the house, of course.

-But then, that means you've already seen him? Why can't you remember who he is?

-No, I meant that he would send me a camera every year. Sometimes even when I break it and needed a new one. He left my life, and the camera was the only thing that I had that came from him... I guess that's why I'm so attached to all of the cameras.

It became silent. Canada is a mess. Hopefully therapy is going fine with all of this. I got up and he looked up. I grabbed his hand and helped him to get up.

-You know, when you aren't here showing me around, I finally got the courage to look around the town! I found a nice place that has a lake! I said happily and started to bring him over there.

-Oh? I haven't show you that, yet? He questioned and I shook my head.

We walked next to each other and talking. I was praying that I was going to the right direction since I rarely walk there. But Canada didn't say anything, so everything should be fine.

{Author's note}
Soooooo... Idk if I should make a book for art for Countryhumans. I don't really like Insta (don't ask) and I was thinking to have a copy of my art here! I think that I will rarely update it though. Again, idk, so tell me about it!