Prologue

"Lucrezia!" My sister, Historia called out to me as more of our companions were shot by raining arrows.

"The portal is nearly closing!" I yelled to my comrades before concentrating what's left of my energy in the palm of my hands and blasting a bright streak of cosmo to our enemy, causing a few men to fall.

"We must not falter now!" My sister commanded as our pace slowed down due to exhaustion.

Even though I was exhausted, I couldn't help but smile. My sister was a natural born leader.

"We're nearly there!" The cries of the revellion were heard and I winced as a branch cut my shoulder.

My sister grabbed my hand as soon as we ran into the clearing. I turned to face her, only to see lines of determination appear on her forehead.

She squeezed my hand and I felt my heart clench. This was our goodbye.

No words spoken. Just the sad silence that was caused by the probability that we would never see each other again.

We had lost this fight.

And now, like mice. We were forced to scatter and go into hiding.

"I will find you." I barely registered her voice as my sister spoke and I briefly told her. "We will always find each other."

The portal light blinded my eyes as I ran through it. I soon realized a gut-wrenching reality.

I was no longer holding Historia's hand.

Panicking, I squeezed my eyes shut as relief passed over me. My life flashed before me. Before the rebellion. Before the lies. Before my other siblings were murdered. I was swallowed by the light.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Congratulations! You both have a healthy daughter."

The nurse held the child in her arms as the father rushed towards her. She ducked away from him, out of reach before presenting the child to her mother.

"The mommy sees the baby first before the daddy. It's a golden rule."

She huffed before giving the father a disappointed huff. He chuckled lightly and glanced at his wife, who's eyes were now brimming with tears as she held their baby.

"She's beautiful."