Chapter 23 - Wanted

Those in Italics are what they want to say but can't say.

Trying something new ;)

~•~•~•~•~

Alice's POV

I awoke to blinding light, my eyes remaining unfocused as I squinted them, trying to adjust my sight.

My body was numb. I realized that it was really difficult for me to move. Slowly, but surely, my body started to respond to my commands as I felt the tingling of my skin. I also noticed my surroundings.

I was in my room. My left hand was grasped in the clutches of none other than Scarfy.

I squeezed gently and he stirred, mumbling a few words before he noticed that I woke him. His blue eyes widened and he scooped me in his arms.

I cried out as I saw white pain spread throughout my stomach. He immediately backed away, to my comfort.

But I wanted him to hold me even tighter.

He chuckled awkwardly and apologetically at me. "Sorry." He muttered.

I want him to make me feel so very, very wanted.

"Water..." I choked out when I finally noticed my burning throat. He shuffled and poured some that was already prepared on the bedside.

He poured it carefully through my lips, in a way that none would drip from my mouth.

"Thanks." I smiled, exhausted.

"Gerard stabbed an Adamantium blade in you." He explained. "Poison to witches."

I nodded calmly. I thought I was going to die.

He stopped and stared into my eyes. "Your cousin is here. Downstairs."

It was real. He was real.

He was here.

He was here.

He was here.

Alivealivealivealivealivealive.

"Should I call him for you?"

I weighed my options. Do I really want to face my cousin who I believed has been dead for two years after I just woke up from fainting?

Maybe not.

I shook my head slowly and held out my arms to him. "Scarfy?"

He looked up to meet my gaze and leaned forward. "What?"

"Stay?"

Say yes.

"Always."

~•~•~•~•~

Wendy's POV

"What the hell's up with that Ayers kid anyway?" I scoffed as I set up the dining table.

Roxy glanced through the glass doors that connected the dining area to the living room, where Tate was and shrugged. "Dunno. He seems genuine enough."

I scoffed. "Genuinely evil." I glanced at Derek. "He used to work for Gerard, how does that make you feel?"

He sighed. "Until finding out Gerard lied to him about his family."

"Bite me." I retorted before smirking deviously at him. "I guess you can relate though. It's not the first time an Argent lied to get what they want."

Derek stood up abruptly and banged his hand on the table. "Go to-!" His expression turned from angry to confused, he clutched his throat and rubbed it.