Chapter 20 - 'I need to have some pasta.'

Mostly, my nights in the manor were irritating me but nothing beats last night.

I don't know how or when but when I woke up, my blanket was already nearly suffocating me. I was barely able to scream and I thrashed around, hoping for someone to save me.

I thought I was gonna die, probably was. I was panicking! Thinking irrational thoughts that weren't supposed to be thought about in a near death situation.

Thank God Isaac was able to hear me with his werewolf senses and ripped, literally ripped my blanket off of me.

I jumped out and clung to him when I finally had air. I breathed in and out loudly, almost hyperventilating while he tried to calm me down.

When I did, he asked me if he should tell the others and I shook my head, I don't know if that was stupidity or me being embarrased about being caught vulnerable.

As he asked me what happened, we heard a noise from the wall and when we faced the wall of my bedroom, we saw a message.

Sleep well?

To say I was freaked was an understatement. I had to sleep in Isaac's room but he was alright with it, saying we were friends anyway.

Poor guy, I was clinging on him more than a leech would. Gonna have to give my gratitude later.

"Alice Graham. Please report to the principal's office." I tensed as I snapped out of my thoughts.

Scott told me about the Argents and how they were hunters, mostly werewolf but you can never be too sure.

I'm gonna die...

~•~•~•~•~

"Hello Alice." Gerard smiled as he greeted me. "Please, sit."

"Why did you call me here?" I asked, sitting making sure that I played the roll of a student who didn't want to get in trouble, not a witch about to be caught.

"Well," He got a file from his drawer and started leafing through it. "It says in your records-"

"Where did you get that?" I asked, a cold, dead feeling seeped in through my veins.

"They're your records, Alice. All schools have records of their students."

I nodded, well aware of the fact.

"I won't mention any of it because personally, it's not mine to discuss."

At least he was polite. Maybe he'd still be polite when I rip his head off.

"So I'm letting you off with a warning."

I gritted my teeth.

A warning? About what?! I didn't even do anything yet!

Note the 'yet'.

I nodded again and stood up, about to leave.

"Also."

I paused.

"Did you sleep well tonight?"

My eyes widened and I nodded hurriedly before running out of there like my hair was on fire.

~•~•~•~•~

Isaac's POV

"Hey." Someone interrupted me from my training.

It was Wendy. The bitter witch from Neverland.

She grabbed a bo stick and twirled it with ease. I watched her tensely.

We were complete strangers to each other and the only thing she ever said that was directed at me was how she didn't want me in her house.

"Lighten up, would you?" She wacked me at the side of my head gently.