Chapter 8 - 'It's the only thing I look forward to these days.'

Read before reading the chapter:

I sorta changed the timing of Lydia's disappearance at the hospital.

In this story, she was only taking a few test runs to see if she was ok and so she's in and out of the hospital. But during one night she was having a panic attack, fainted and brought to the hospital immediately; she disappeared as the nurse got her files and she asked to take a bath.

Alice still wasn't that close with Lydia so she didn't know and is preoccupied at the moment.

Lydia's disappearance takes place the day before this.

Thanks for reading!

~•~•~•~•~

The pain in my wrist was killing me.

Reason?

Stilinski. He was dragging me across the halls looking for someone and he had no intention of letting go of my wrist so every time he made a turn my body is sharply tugged in different directions. My cuts weren't very comfortable either.

"Scott!" He skidded to a halt in front of his best friend and I nearly collided with him.

Again.

"What?" He asked before looking at me and I gave him a very, very awkward wave along with a small nod.

"Meet Alice!" Stiles grinned, presenting me as if I was an award. "She's amazing."

Scott smiled at me pitifully, like he knew how overexcited his bff could get. "You're the one who told Mr. Harris off, right?"

I winced. "Definitely not my best move." Stiles nodded. "He'll probably give you detention every week, your school year will become a living hell and make your Chemistry grades drop down, 6 feet under. Not to mention the fact that he will abuse you with his words and make everyone hate you." I looked at him incredulously as he finished his outburst, shaking my head a little.

"Thanks for the comfort." I said sarcastically whilst Scott glared at him before turning back to me.

"He'll get over it."

"Yeah, because he's just the most understanding person." I murmured dejectedly.

"The dude is Satan." Stiles proclaimed. "It's the only explanation." Giggling, realization dawned unto me that this was the perfect oppurtunity to gather info on the weird things going on. If it was around or just me. Besides, they were completely normal guys. What could possibly go wrong?

It was now or never.

"Have you guys noticed anything weird going on lately? Anything bizzare or weird?"

Their reactions were priceless.

Stiles nearly choked on his own salive and Scott dropped the book he was holding.

They were definitely hiding something.

Laughing, I patted Stiles shoulder as I pretended to notice the time. "Sorry, but I'll see you guys later. I have another class." I started running down the hall before calling out. "Nice meeting you guys!"

As I rounded a corner, I stopped trying to control my headache. I only patted Stoles so I could tap into his mind. His thoughts were all jumbled up, probably due to his excessive behaviour and his goody personality but I did get something interesting.

Shecouldn'tpossiblygottotellDerektalkingwhatthinkingaboutcrapfindingouttroubleScott'sproblem,

~•~•~•~•~

"You work at the cemetery?!" I asked Isaac surprised.

"Yeah. I don't have a choice, my dad runs the place." I could barely hide my disgust as he said 'dad'.

But on to more pressing topics. "You work there at night?!" He nodded.

"Yeah." I shuddered and he laughed.

"Doesn't it creep you out?"

He shrugged. "You'll get used to it." I shook my head. "Never. I've always scared easily." That was pretty true. One time, I kicked a cockroach and started screaming my head off as it flew around, practically yelling for my dad to kill it.

Let's just say my aunt was not impressed.

He raised a brow. "Says the girl who handled a pervert who wanted to grope her all by herself." Chuckling, I turned away. Not because I was humble but because when he raised his brow, he looked pretty hot and I did not want to get caught staring at my new friend.

Damn teenage hormones.

"What do you even do there?" I asked him. "I dig up the graves." Scrunching my eyebrows in confusion, I asked. "Whose the lucky one will you be doing tonight?"

He looked at me, shock evident in his features. "You don't know? I thought she would've told you by now."

"Who?" I hated being kept in suspense.

"Allison. Her aunt's funeral is tomorrow."

Those words made my blood run cold.

Auntsfuneralauntsfuneralfuneralofyourauntauntisdead

Deaddeaddeaddeaddeaddeaddeaddeaddeaddead

"Alice? Alice?" I came to Isaac gripping my shoulders. "Are you alright?"

What?

His hands were now at my neck in an effort to calm me, thumbs delicately stroking my cheeks. I nodded absentmindedly and he sighed, relieved he got me back. Soothingly, his sound rocked me back and forth like a baby and I was deeply entranced.

"I lost you there..." He paused. "What happened?"

I shook my head, in a daze before willing myself to snap out of my trance just to shake my head. "I just remembered something."

"You sure?" His sound was stern now, genuinely worried about me. I smiled, hugging him.

Our relationship was weird. We just became friends yet we have shared big parts of our lives with each other. We're this intimate but we don't like each other yet we needed each other. Like a lifeline. An escape from our lives. Like we were free.

We were just Isaac and Alice.

Alice and Isaac.

Don't get too attached.

My aunt's voice rang in my head.

Don't mix your different lives together.

Life is simple. Love is complicated. Being a keeper is having the responsibility of both, with trust and loyalty to your purpose.

I abruptly pulled away from him and smiled trying not to give myself away. "I expect to see you tomorrow." He smiled.

"It's the only thing I look forward to these days."