Chapter 3:

Tears escaped my eyes making my vision blur. Kristen was kissing a guy. The guy who I was dating.

"Jacob?" Isle asked shocked.

I didn't say anything or didn't even move from my place. My eyes were stuck on them.

"Lets go from here" Isle said getting up.

"No sit down" I ordered.

"Why?" Isle asked astonished.

"I don't want to make an awkward scene between Kristen and I" I said tears flowing down my cheeks which seemed never ending.

I turned around as I saw them coming here, I took a tissue and wiped my tears away.

"Hey" I heard his voice. "You are Isle right?" He asked but he was yet behind me. He didn't seem to recognize me

"Yes" Isle replied.

"Who is this?" He asked as he came ahead to face me.

As soon as he saw me his face turned pale. "Its me Jacob" I said looking down at my coffee.

He didn't say much and just sat on the seat which was empty besides Isle. The colour of his face slowly changed as he didn't want Kristen to come up with questions I guess.

"So you know Veronica" Kristen told Jacob "but you have met Isle for the first time so talk to her till then I'll get coffee for us" Kristen said as she got up from the chair besides me.

"Okay" he said smiling at her. He looked so cute when he smiled it reminded me of so many memories.

His hair was a beautiful shade of brown which where falling down from his forehead. They very messy, it seemed like he had run this fingers through many times.

His eyes were hazel brown which were lighter than the shade of this hair. His face was so perfect.

He was wearing a black t-shirt with a dark brown jacket and black jeans. He is really tall and handsome which made the girls from our high school drool over him.

I stared at him like he was never ever going to meet me again. Well I was leaving this place like for a long time so it wasn't my fault.

I was staring at him constantly while he kept talking to Isle who seemed not very happy.

"Wake up lady" Kristen's voice got me out of my thoughts and I awkwardly looked down at my coffee. "Stop admiring my boyfriend, he is mine now only mine" she said and my brain stopped working my senses seemed to be damaged or something because I couldn't feel anything or hear anything. The only sense that was working was my eyesight.

Isle looked at her in complete shock. I felt that she was going to kill her at that movement. But suddenly when Kristen went to pick her coffee up it slipped from her hand and fell on my hand which made all my sense work again as usual.

"Ouch!" I yelled and Jacob got off his seat and held my hand lightly and he yelled from someone to bring ice.

My world stopped right there. My hand was burning but I felt so good that when he held my hand shivers went up through my spine and shook me.

He didn't even look at me once, he just kept applying the ice to make me feel better. But when he looked up to me our eyes met, his hazel brown eyes and my blue eyes, and we kept looking at each other. His eyes tried telling me something or it showed something, like he yet cared about me and still had feelings for me but he was yet dating Kristen.

"I am really sorry" I heard Kristen apologising and his eyes went down to my hand again and my eyes were not looking at a fixed place rather looking everywhere but at him.

"I guess we should leave" I said.

"Yeah okay, so I'll see you later" Kristen said.

"Come home this evening, we can watch movies. Plus I want to spend time with you guys as I am leaving" I said while I realised Jacob was still holding my hand and he looked confused.

"Umm, actually we ar-"

"Going on a date" Jacob cut her off "we are going to the lake near by" he said this and I shifted my hand away from him. He looked surprised or a matter of fact shocked. Did he even realise that he was taking her were we went for our first date and the place we went every time?

He kept the ice on the table and got up. He stood next to Kristen holding her hand which made me feel sad.

He pulled her close and whispered something in her ear and then walked out of the coffee shop.

"Where did he go?" Isle asked.

"He has gone to get the car for all of us" Kristen said.

"Umm actually I have to go to the doctor because my mom forgot some papers there so I have to collect it" I lied.

"Okay so we will drop you there" Kristen said.

"No no don't, umm it's near by ill walk till there" I said.

I looked at Isle trying to tell her to take Kristen and go and thankfully she understood what I was trying to say.

"Lets go, Jacob must be waiting for us" Isle said taking Kristen out of the coffee shop.

I walked behind them and as soon as they sat in the car I waved bye to them and behaved as I was going to the doctor.

I walked ahead and after a few seconds saw Jacobs car pass by me. It went straight and in full speed.

I saw a bench in the corner and sat over there thinking if he yet cared about me.

I sat there thinking about what had happened and why does everything bad happen with me?

I didn't realize that it had been an hour since I was sitting there. I only realized it when it started raining all of a sudden.

I ran to find shelter, when I did find a car came and stood in front of me. The window rolled down and I saw my friend Diana in.

"Hey, want a ride?" She asked.

"Well obviously yes" I said running to her car and sitting inside.

Diana was my classmate she was not as close as Isle or Kristen but she was a really helpful friend and I liked hanging around with her.

"What were you doing there?" She asked as she made hand gestures telling the driver to drive.

I told her the whole story and she listened to me carefully. At the end of it she sat back shocked. "Like how could a person even do this?" she said irritated.

"Forget it" I said pissed off.

"Forget it?" she asked surprised.

"oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you that I am shifting to L.A so i want to spend time with you guys so Isle is coming in sometime at my place so you can join too" I said changing the topic.

"Oh, Isle told me because you were never going to tell me. Okay so lets go to your house" she said.

************

"So what movie to watch?" Isle asked picking up some DVD's from my shelf.

"Lets watch Bride Wars" I said as it is my favorite movie.

"Okay" Isle said and Diana just nodded.

"Can I join?" I heard Kristen's voice coming from the door.

"I knew you would come" I said dramatically.

"Umm, but I am not alone" she said moving aside and i saw Jacob standing there with his hands in his pockets.

Hey guys i updated early because i got time to write. Hope you'll like it.