Chapter 17:

Veronica's P.O.V

"What do you wanna say?" I asked Jacob.

"I miss you" he said and I looked at him amused.

"In what way?" I asked hoping for it to not be in the way I was thinking.

"I miss being with you" he took a pause. I didn't say anything, I just moved my legs in the water.

"I miss calling you mine, I miss kissing you and most of all I miss saying I love you" he said and I couldn't hear anymore.

I got up but as soon as I was going to start walking he held my hand. My eyes had already given in. My back faced him and he still held my hand.

"I know you still feel the same for me" he said.

"What if I don't?" I said turning around.

"But I know you do" he said pulling me closer to him.

The warmth of his body felt so good and since I was an inch away from his face I could feel him breathing. My hands were on his chest as that helped me not to crash into him. I could feel his heart racing faster with every second.

"I have someone Jacob" I said reminding him about Logan.

"But he's just your rebound" he said.

"You should have thought about all this before you dated my best friend" I said moving behind.

"It's just happened" he said not looking me in the eye this time.

"What do you mean it just happened? I mean I can't even entirely blame you" I said throwing my hands in the air.

"Its not her fault" he said defending Kristen.

"I agree I didn't tell her that we were exactly dating but she did know that both of us really liked each other and we were on the way to something" I said.

"How was she supposed to know that we were going to be something?" He asked.

"Jacob are you hearing yourself right now? We used to hang out with each other everyday. I talked about you to her all the time and so did you. You once even told her that I may ask her out which is when we decided to tell her but for some god forsaken reason you didn't for which I yet have no answer. You didn't tell her about us when I told you we could and when I was going to tell her you stopped me" I ranted.

"I waited at the airport till the announcement of your flight departing wasn't made, I lied to my family and to Kristen that I'm coming here for a job interview and I'll keep doing all this, just to see your face" he said.

"Jacob you and I are over. I can't have another bad relationship. I'm happy now (I lied) I shifted over here so that I get away from all that drama and so that I don't have to face Kristen anymore. The last thing I want you to be doing right now it breaking another girls heart. Look I know what she did was not right and trust me I have got people telling me to stop talking to her but I can't. She has been there for me more than anybody. Isle and I became friends just a few years ago but she yet understands me. I won't be able to find someone like her and if you break her heart then well no one is ever going to see you as a good person now. Plus you aren't even the guy I fell for. You were so down to earth but now you just keep boasting about yourself and I totally hate this shitty attitude of yours. You need to sort things in your head before you take a step ahead. Trust me, you'll thank me later" I said and all he did was quietly listen.

"Hey Veronica, oh um sorry" Alex came walked towards me not realising Jacob was here.

"Hey no it cool. Any work?" I asked.