Chapter 19: confusion

"Y/n you need to talk to me." Hunter mumbles, leaning against the bars of your cell.

"No."

"I mean technically that counts as talking to me so~" he smirks.

You roll your eyes.

"I can't believe you guys slapped these anti magic cuffs over my broken wrist. This coven has no decency." You groan.

"I would take them off but Belos would.." Hunter's body tenses at the thought.

"Kill you? Good. If he doesn't I will." You glare at him.

He takes his mask off.

"Belos made me place the tracker spell! You have to know it wasn't my choice, right? I wouldn't hurt you like that if I had the choice." He says, running his fingers through his hair anxiously.

"It was your choice to keep trying to be my friend even when you knew you'd have to bring me back here eventually. You should've just left me alone." You sigh.

Hunter leans against the wall. "... I'm guessing this means no second date...?" He asks.

You blankly stare at him. "What do you think?"

"Right- shouldn't have asked-" he mumbles, putting his mask back on.

"Belos told me to talk to you today though. You need to rejoin the emperors coven. If you don't and choose to leave, you still have the tracker spell. We will find you. There really aren't any other options here.." he mumbles.

"Cant you get rid of the spell?" You ask.

"Belos would-"

"You keep saying you didn't choose to do this and you still care about me. If you really care, you'll remove the spell and let me go." You stand up and look at him.

He stands in silence before looking down.

"I'm sorry. I can't do that." He says.

You frown and chuckle sadly.

"Looks like I'm back in the coven then. Yaaay." You sarcastically cheer.

Hunter opens the cell doors and freezes before he can remove the anti magic cuffs.

"You're not going to kill me once I take these off, right?" He asks.

"You're really pushing it."

"Sorry-" he quickly takes them off and you sigh.

"Do you want your cast back on? I can get it remade. I know you're supposed to get it off in a few days though so is it good enough to not have a cast? I don't really know how this stuff works." He mumbles.

"I'll be fine. It's nice having two hands again." You laugh.

You turn to Hunter and lift up his mask before punching him in the face.

"If you'll excuse me, I'll be in my room." You smile as Hunter clutches his face in pain.

You walk down the hallways and towards the door to your old room.

You open it and look at the familiar walls.

"Man this room is boring." You groan, flopping onto your bed.

You glance at the ground and notice crumpled up papers everywhere.

"Weird. I didn't leave those.." you pick one up and open it.

It's completely scribbled out.

You grab another and open it.

Dear Y/n,