Chapter 25 - Image Inducer

Kara wirelessly connects the image inducer to her computer, and loads the programme which will allow her and Lena to decide how the former homeless woman wants to look like.

"Okay, so here is the programme. You can now go through it and completely customize how you want to look, a bit like a video game." Kara explains.

"Okay..." Lena replies, nodding her head, approaching the computer.

"You can adjust just about everything." Kara continues, "Then there are also some pre-set looks you can choose from. Although obviously you are going to want to create something unique. But you can use one of the pre-sets, and then customize it from there. It is entirely up to you."

"Okay.... thank you....." Lena nods, again, as she takes a seat in the front of the computer. "Will you help me decide?"

Kara bites her lip nervous.

"I uhh..." Kara stammers.

"Oh.... you don't have to if you don't want to." Lena replies, noticing Kara's hesitation.

"No, it's not that." Kara says, "It's just.... it would be hard for me to create a look for you that's different, because you are so beautiful already.... I wouldn't change a thing."

Upon hearing that, Lena is now the one to bite her lip, amazed by Kara's kind words. Kara notices.

"Sorry, I've probably made you feel awkward now." Kara says.

"No... it's okay.... I.... I'm glad you think of me that way." Lena replies, slightly smiling, "It's nice to hear."

"Oh.... okay..." Kara replies, sort of surprised this is Lena's response.

"But I guess I will create a look on my own then." Lena says, turning her attention back to the computer.

"I will help you if you want me to." Kara says.

"No, it's okay. I understand where you are coming from. It's probably for the best I do this on my own anyway." Lena says.

"Uhhh.... okay..." Kara nods, "I'll leave you to it then..."

"Yeah, okay." Lena smiles, "I'll call you when I'm done."

"Sure. And if you do need any help, I'll be downstairs with Sam and Alex." Kara says.

Lena nods her head, and turns her attention back to the computer screen again. Kara then takes that as her cue to leave the room.

"Oh, and Kara?" Lena says, without even turning around.

"Yeah?" Kara replies.

"I think you are perfect the way you are too." Lena says, with a smirk on her face, which Kara's can't see.

"Oh I.... thank you." Kara replies, now blushing.

Lena doesn't say anything else, so Kara leaves the lab, and makes her way back downstairs.

********************

Over the next hour, Kara, Alex and Sam spend their time in the living room, continuing to do research on Lex and Lillian, as well as Luthor Corp, all while Lena remains upstairs, working on how she wants her image inducer to look. During this process, Ruby, sweetly, did ask to go up and see Lena, as the young girl was wondering what she was doing. Sam, of course, couldn't deny her daughter, so took her upstairs to see the brunette, and spend some time with her, and see how her image inducer work was coming.

Over the last hour, Sam, Alex and Kara actually have finally been able to find something of interest, in regards to Luthor corp. Sam, being the financial expert out of the three women, was able to find some strange transactions in Luthor Corp's public finances. The transactions themselves don't look suspicious to anyone who just glances at them, but for someone like Sam, who is doing a deeper dive into them, she saw that they were marked as money for 'market research purposes', but the company the money went to was a shell corporation. Of course, this could just mean that whoever Luthor Corp is paying for the market research is getting paid via a shell corporation to avoid paying taxes, but seeing as this is Lex Luthor they are talking about, Sam believes it deserves a deeper dive into. It is not much, it's really only a little thread, but Sam hopes they can pull on it, and then hopefully unravel everything that Lex and Lillian are up to, and expose them for who they are.