Chapter 12

Cyn's POV

The slumber party. What can I say? I felt like a Barbie doll. That was 2 nights ago. Sophia and the girls enjoyed glamming me up. Making me try on different clothes, dresses, hanging tops, shorts. I was undressed too many times.

"Cyn, you have such a hot body," Vivien complimented while she made me try on a pair of shorts and a cute tee that fit around my natural curves. I took a look at myself in the mirror. Damn, they are too right. I actually look good in this.

 They done my nails which are now painted a lovely marsala color. Something I would not wear at all. In fact, I actually enjoyed their company. We watched Chick Flicks, they talked about these guys they had crushes on and even asked me advice about guys. They even asked Sophia if she had more than a kiss with Ken. It pained me when they asked about that. Too much information. She just smirked at them. I'd rather not know what else happens between them. Claire told us that she has a huge crush on Jeriel and said she would have liked Jake if he wasn't so cocky. I agreed with her. Gave me a laugh. Sophia then asked me about my date with Calvin. So I gave them the details, even told them I was nearly kissed by him. Jen and Jill started wooing. My face felt so scarlet. I told them that I only like Calvin as a friend, then they started telling me how hot he is, and he could have been my first kiss. Then they started talking about their first kisses. I couldn't relate to them. They said I'm so lucky to have went out on q a date with him Calvin. Not just that, this hot guy is also my next door neighbor. Another plus factor Sophia pointed out is that he is my leading man in the upcoming play. How can I not forget that? Me, the leading lady. The girls got all excited.

"Cynny," Claire started, "You are damn too lucky, can't wait for the upcoming play."

"Cyn will definitely play the part right," Sophia said happily. "I'm really glad you decided to join the drama club."

"Ahh, well, for a change," I said. I couldn't admit that Ken put me up to this. Not just that, he made me go out with Calvin. And now I have to go on a date with Jake. What a start to this senior year. A week hasn't gone by and Ken's made me do things I would not dream of doing.

During our midnight snack, tacos and juice, Sophia exclaimed that Ken texted her a few minutes ago. About me and Jake.

"Cyn, Ken just said you'll be going out on a date with Jake this weekend," she exclaimed. I spat out the juice I was drinking then the girl started roaring with laughter.

"Cynny, wow. Two guys in a row," Claire said feeling amused. "First Calvin, now Jake. I knew it, you like him right?" she asked.

I constantly shaked my head. "No way, Jake was pretty upset about me going out with Calvin. He told me that I was being unfair. I had no way out."

"He's soo hot," Jen said.

"Brains and looks," Jill added.

"Don't forget he is still cocky," Claire slated.

"We definitely should glam you up Cyn," Sophia said excitedly. Oh no, not again. Her grin was all the way to her eyes. She absolutely seemed soo happy.

And like I said earlier that was two nights ago.

So today's Saturday.

Yes, that only mean's one thing. 

I'll be going out on a date with Jake. As for Ken, he knows that I'm kinda mad at him and I really want to spend this day with him. It was suppose to be our bonding time. He didn't really talk to me for two days. The guys were feeling the tension between us. So I decided to hang around with the girls the pass two days. And here they are. In my house. Bags full of dresses and cosmetics. It's only 1pm in the afternoon and my date's at 7pm. Does it actually take 6 hours just to get ready for a date? Calvin actually came around this morning asking if we can hang out. Thankfully Sophia was already here. I had to tell him that the girls will be coming over. I couldn't tell him that they are coming over to glam me up for my date with Jake. That might hurt him too much. Ken didn't even bother to show up. He sent a text message that he will go out with the guys and play a game of basketball. Jake actually texted me. Said he'll pick me up around 7pm.

Here I am. With the girls. They're all pretty excited. First they gave me a mani then a pedi. Painted my nails a deep burgundy color. I swear these girls love the shade of red. From a marsala shade to a burgundy color. Even the dresses I had to choose from were all red.

"Cyn, do you like this one, or this one, or this one?" Vivien asked point out to each dress. I'm thinking to myself. What is the difference? They are all red. They look all the same to me.

"This one will look great on Cyn," Jill said grabbing the dress nearest to her and swaying it around. "It's perfect."

"I agree," her twin sister said. "It's not too short. Too short would make you look slutty," she admitted. "And it's not too long."

"Ok girls so that's the dress Cyn will wear, how 'bout her heels?" Sophia asked the other girls without acknowledging me. They sure are damn having fun making me a Barbie doll again.

"This!" Claire exclaimed swaying the heels from her finger. I wanted to protest and tell them I'll rather wear flats instead by Sophia quickly grabbed the heels from Claire and literally stuffed my feet in. Her eyes were gleaming. So as for the other girls. They were soo happy with let's say my glam makeover. It's was quite different from what Sophia done the other night for my date with Calvin. I felt pretty. Really pretty.

"Cynny, you're gorgeous," Claire beamed.

"I feel like we're your fairy godmother, you know like the one in Cinderella," Sophia bellowed with a huge grin.

The girls left a few minute before half past six. Leaving me alone staring once again at my transformation. I loved the feeling of being glammed up and groomed.

The doorbell suddenly rang. I checked my watch 6:45 pm.

Well Jake's pretty excited. I walked down the stairs and opened the door but not to see Jake standing there.

It was no other than my best friend Ken.

"Ken? What are you doing here?" I asked startled.  "Sophia and the girls just left. I didn't expect that you'll be coming by," I admitted.

He walked inside and closed the door behind us.

"Sophia just text me that they left. I just got home" he said looking me in the eye. "You're so pretty," which came out as almost a whisper. My heart froze. It's like I felt like butterflies in my stomach are fluttering about. "I'm sorry to put you in this position, I know you don't want to go out with Jake. Just give it a try," he said while still looking at me. His glaze was piercing. Then he looked at me like he was stunned by my appearance. He held on to my hands then suddenly pulled me towards him. He suddenly cupped my face with his soft hands. I was stunned. His face was coming nearer to mine. I knew it was wrong. Ken is going to kiss me. Sophia is his girlfriend. I'm only his best friend but I'm in love him. Then out the blue I felt his lips on mine. So soft and tender. Ken just kissed me. I can't believe it. My first kiss by the guy I love. I responded back and returned his soft tender kiss. It felt so natural, this is surreal. I'm not imagining this. Please don't let me be imagining that his lips are on mine.

Then the doorbell rang.

Ken suddenly looked at me with guilt.

Hi.. I'm sooo sorry that I haven't updated for ages..

I know it's been long but I'm back on track..

I know this is kinda demanding but i'll be needing at least 20 comments and 50 votes for my next update. I want to know if it's worth continuing this story.. please do comment and vote..

Love you lots. mgktn15 (: