♥♥♥Chapter One♥♥♥

• Dedicated to Maica Etea

♥Cyn's POV♥

Take a deep breath Cyn.

 There I was standing at the parking lot of my school.

It's the first day of my senior year. As I walked towards the entrance I sighed as I saw Kenneth Paul Davis.

There he was across the basketball court, lips locked on with his trillionth girlfriend. Okay, yeah I know I'm over-reacting. So he has had an unquestionable amount of girlfriends. Let's give it a few more days and he will be done and over her.

I couldn't stand to stare any longer. So I walked into the school lobby to get out of that sight.

            "Cyn, cyn! Hey wait up."

            "Hey Taylor, wassup?"

            "Man Cyn, when will you dress like a girl? But gosh, you still look so HOT!"

            "Hahahaha, should I take that as a compliment?" I snickered back.

            "Nah, haha, I was just kidding," he joked. "So have you seen Davis around?"

As he spoke of Ken the snogging action I witnessed earlier came back to mind.

            "Haven't seen him around," I lied. "I just arrived here," I added. That part was true.

            "Okay Cyn, if you spot him give him a word that Coach Millers is looking for him."

            "No problem dude," I told him back.

            " See you later at lunch Cyn," he said and gave me a fist-bump. Yeah that was kinda boyish to do.

So actually I hang around with the boys. I'm quite boyish and I dress boyishly. Okay, I know what you're thinking.

This girl is such a tomboy.

That actually is not true.

I just love hanging around with them. My best friend is actually part of that crowd I hang around with. Guess who he is.

Yeah no other than Kenneth Paul Davis.

 Oh yeah, the guy I saw earlier snogging his new girlfriend. He's such a player.

We've been best friends ever since I moved into this neighborhood. So he lives a few houses away from mine.

When I was nine years old my mother died in a car accident. Dad decided to move back to this neighborhood he grew up in. He became a workaholic a few months after our move. I understood that he needed to do that to move on from the thoughts of my mother which was invading him.

How I miss her so much. Her hugs and kisses. Her smile and laughter. Every weekend she would take me out and we would have a mother-daughter bonding. She would make sure I looked perfect as always. Dressed in cute dresses and accented with dazzling hair accessories.

 I was spoiled by both my mother and father. I was their princess. Only child, only daughter. But then the accident happened and it changed everything.

I changed not only the way I dressed but the way I acted. I became boyish because that helped me feel tough.

Sometimes I ask myself if Mum was still alive would I still be the same girl I was before. The sweet girly girl I use to be.

Dad sold the house and there we moved to his former house. My grandparents left it in his possession.

 A few days after the move Dad's best friend and his family would come over to keep us company. That's when I met Kenneth and his brothers. You see his father is Dad's best friend. Kenneth's the youngest amongst his brothers. He has two older brothers whom are studying at University now.

I kept hold on to that tough act of mine and Ken and I got on quite well. From that moment we became best friends. He would come over and sometimes sleep over just to spend time with me. Dad would usually be out of town because of his business trips. I was left home alone. Ken would always be there to keep me company. Dad trusts him and knows that Ken is just my bestfriend. To Ken I'm only like a sister to him. If only he knew that he's more than a brother-like figure and bestfriend to me.

Yes, I don't just LOVE Ken, I'm IN LOVE with my bestfriend.

He is just TOTALLY CLUELESS.

I can't tell him I'm in love with him. He might just laugh at me. I've always been one of the boys to him and I don't want to ruin our friendship. I'll value what we have at this moment. I'll always be in love with my best friend.

            "Cyn, chum!"

I'll always recognize that voice anywhere. I know it's him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

author's note. :) hi guys.. yes i know its kinda short, but it will get better the story.. hope you enjoy it..

please comment/vote/share/follow.... :) THANK YOU SOO MUCH :)