CHAPTER TEN

FILLER CHAPTER AHEAD. OK, SOOO I KNOW I HAVEN'T UPDATE IN AGES. I PROMISE I'LL BE UPDATING REGULARLY ONCE AGAIN. LIFE JUST GOT IN THE WAY. (:

Cyn's POV

RING RING RING

What the fudge, who's that calling at 5 am in the morning. School starts at 8am. Here I am rolling across my bed, eyes closed tight, arm stretched out searching for that dang phone. To hell with it. Way to ruin my dream and wake me up sooo early in the morning.

With my eyes still closed I clicked the answer button on my mobile phone and placed it near my ear.

"CYNTHIA!" ­­

"Hmmm," I replied sleepily. How the heck did she get my number? And why is she calling me at this hour in the morning.

"Cyn, how was your date with Calvin?" Phia asked excitedly.

OHH MY GOD. Calling me up at 5am just to know how my date was.

"Sophia, its 5am in the morning, can't it wait till later?" I said still in a sleepy tone.

"Is it too early to call you up?" she asked. DANG YES IT IS, I thought to myself.

"Sophia, I'll give you the details later," I murmured through the phone.

"Well, ok Cyn," she said unsatisfied with my answer. "See you later," she added happily cutting off her call to me.

How am I going to get back to sleep? Reminder to self. Keep mobile phone on silent during sleeping hours.

I decided to get out of bed. Anyway the morning light was seeping through the curtain. What a beautiful sight it was when I opened the curtains. My room, on the second floor, positioned near the rear end of my home gives the most wonderful view in the morning. The sun, just beginning to rise was a blazing color of the mixture of orange, red and yellow. It was such a beautiful sight to see. I stood there for a while just watching the sun rise. That calmed my nerves and little did I not notice the time that passed by. My alarm went off at exactly 6:30 am I quickly dashed off towards it to shut the noise off.

"Yssa, darling."

"Yes Dad?" I called out as I opened my bedroom door then I walked towards the peak of the staircase.

"I've got a business meeting to go to. It might take a couple of days. It's out of town," he said standing at the foot of the stairwell looking professional as always.

I suddenly leaped down the staircase and gave him a hug. Something I normally would not do even shocking myself. Thank goodness he returned my hug even though I knew he was shocked as well by my action. I don't know what's got into myself, I just felt the urge to do that.

"Ohhh, Dad, when can we have time together?" I whined acting like a child releasing my embrace.

"Yssa, darling, I miss these hugs you give me, something you use to do when your mother was still alive," he suddenly blurted out making me shed some tears.

"Ohh Dad, don't go mushy mushy on me please," I said wiping my tears away. Wait a minute. I don't usually cry at all.

"Darling when I get back from this meeting I promise we can spend time together," he promised. "You behave while I'm gone," he said kissing me on the forehead.

 "Yes dad," I answered back politely.

After ten minutes he left leaving me home alone once again.

+++++++++

Ken's POV

"Mum, Aunt Janna, I'm going over to Yssa place. I'm not taking the car, I'll just tag along with Yssa." I called out shutting the front door.