Chapter 14

Ken's POV

It was a mistake. I don't know what got into me. I kissed Cynthia. I initiated it.

THE KISS.

Why did I have to go see her? Why did my feet drag me all the way to her house?

FLASHBACK

Sophia had text me earlier that they were done with Yssa's hair, makeup and dress up. Girls, I thought to myself. These girls are pretty much enjoying themselves torturing Yssa. I put her through this all. I wonder how she's feeling. How does she look? Will she enjoy her date with Jake?

We haven't been on speaking terms these past few days. She was pretty upset 'coz we couldn't hang out this weekend because Jake would be taking her out. During lunch break she would stay over at the girls table. I would take quick glimpses at her to see how she was coping. I guess she's happy sitting with the girls. They've been caught their heads off the whole entire lunch break. I noticed that Jake has also been glancing at Yssa. He seems pretty happy and satisfied. Finally he'll be going out with the girl of his dreams. Cynthia. A few minutes. Before the dinner bell rang I went out of the cafeteria.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. Calvin was trying to get my attention. He asked if the rumors are true. Is Cynthia really going out with Jake this weekend. I confirmed that it was true and he couldn't believe it at all. He admitted to me that he has liked Yssa since out first year of high school. He never thought that Yssa would actually go out with Jake. He left a few minutes later looking quite sad.

Thinking about Yssa these few days has made me miss her badly. My best friend is right there, but suddenly I feel how much I miss her.

After reading Sophia's text message I ran from the house to Yssa's place. My feet dragged me. My legs moved as quickly as possible. I just need to get over to her place. I had the urge to see her. I yearned to see her. As I reached the doorstep I thought back to earlier this day. I've been playing basketball. Why? To use it as a distraction. To keep my thoughts away. I had no idea why. But now I'm here. In front of her house. I held on to the spare keys that Yssa had given to me. Had a look at it. I didn't bother to use it. I checked to time on my mobile phone. Quarter to seven. Jake will be here in fifteen minutes. I hesitated to ring the doorbell bit it was like my hand spoke for itself. I, rather my hand, reached up to press unto the doorbell making it chime. From the outside I can hear Yssa approaching the door. It's like I can her footstep as nervous as it can be. It clicking of her heels, it sounded like heels, on the wood tiled floor materialized louder. I heard the clicking of the lock then the door knob turned. The door swung open making the door frame frame Yssa.

"Ken? What are you doing here?" she asked as she was startled by my appearance. "Sophia and the girls just left. I didn't expect that you'll be coming by," she admitted to me. I quickly looked away while she was talking.

I decided to go inside the house. As I walked in I closed the door behind us.

"Sophia just text me that they left. I just got home." I actually have been home over an hour. I just didn't know what to say. My eyes were taking small glances at Yssa when suddenly I just had to look at her in the eyes. I just couldn't take my eyes of her.

"You're so pretty," I whispered. She looked so stunning. All her features suddenly was enhanced. Oh GOSH. Yssa is just so damn gorgeous. I felt like I can drown her in my stare. Make her melt before my eyes. This is wrong. Why am I feeling this feeling?

"I'm sorry to put you in this position, I know you don't want to go out with Jake. Just give it a try." I did absolutely feel sorry for Yssa. My glaze became even more intense. She is stunning and I felted stunned.

I lifted my hands up and suddenly grabbed onto hers. I felt a jolt, an electric shock. I felt that her touch was like fire. Dangerous but warm. I felt the warmth which made me hold on. I did not pull away. It felt inviting. I pulled her towards me. I gently let go of her hands to cup her face. She looked surprised and stunned. My mind suddenly turn off. It held no actions for what I wanted to do. My face slowly approached hers. I didn't care whether it was wrong. I felt like I just had to do it. I turn off all my thoughts. The only thing that entered my mind was her lips. I want to feel her lips on mine. To feel it move against mine. I felt her lips on hers. The taste was so sweet, the feeling so tender and soft. I started to move my lips without thought. She responded. I didn't expect her response. It felt so right. I felt the jolt and spark of her lips against mine. I'm hungry for more.

Then the doorbell rang.

I had to stop. I looked straight at Yssa with guilt on my face. All the thoughts rushed back to me. NO, this is so wrong. Yeah I know that I use to be a player but actually I'm in a serious relationship with Sophia.

I don't want to hurt my best friend. Why did I kiss her? I took away her first ever kiss.

I quickly opened the door to let Jake in and myself out.

"Ken dude, what's the rush!" Jake called out to me.

"Take care of Cyn, have to get home!" I shouted back to Jake.

End of flashback

I'm holding onto my mobile phone. I need to text Cynthia. I don't know what the heck I'm going to say. I typed in the only words I can think of. My brained wouldn't function. I sent her the text message.

Cynthia, I'm sorry

Am I really sorry for kissing her and stealing her first kiss?

Am I sorry for stopping the kiss?

Am I sorry for kissing my best friend when she knows I'm with Sophia?

Am I sorry because I don't understand this feeling?

What am I sorry for???

___________

Thanks for reading..  

pls vote/comment/share/follow

love lots mgktn15