Chapter 6

For the next couple weeks, every night was a horrible experience, as he was killed again and again, over and over, by himself. His older self. 

There was only one thing left to do. Train.

He taught himself to pull his sword out faster and faster, read through all the sword fighting books in his house, sparred against every inhabitant in the castle, and even against a sword. 

Until one day, Skeppy, walking through the corridors, was almost impaled to death by Techno's sword.

Techno was hiding in an alcove, when he heard the footsteps. Cutting through the curtains, he  jumped out, and -

"Skeppy, did I kill you?"

"Yes, very much."

Techno slightly relaxed. "Not dead."

"Maybe you should really stop jumping at every sound and trying to impale it. Why do you, you know there's basically nobody here."

--

The next day Tommy's favorite pants where cut by Techno's dagger.

Tommy had rounded the corner, and he was walking way to quietly. You can guess what was behind that corner. 

He complained to Wilbur, and Skeppy commented that "There's nothing dangerous in this castle, anyway, why is he doing this?"

Judging by Wilbur's expression, there was something dangerous in the castle. His tone was harsh when he answered "Tommy, show him the ghosts."

-

"Haha, there are no actual ghosts, right?"

Tommy looked at him, a gloomy expression on his face. "There are, and they killed Wilbur's frien'. Don' talk 'bout the safety of this castle anywhere near 'im."

Skeppy stopped. "Someone was killed here and NONE of you said ANYTHING?!"

"What were we to say? 'Hey, Skeppy, we all know you're going to marry Techno and possibly live in the castle, and uh, the reason its not 'appening to Wilbur is 'cause his best frien' (an' maybe more) was killed by some ghosts! Please don' run away shriekin'...'"

"... You're right..." Skeppy sighed. "Is this safe?"

"Oh yeah, don' worry!" Tommy took out some limestone from his pocket. 

--

They entered the great hall. It was eerily quiet.

Tommy took out the limestone, and began sketching a circle, only big enough for them both to stand in. Then patterns began appearing from under the white chalky stone. 

After a while, Tommy pocketed the stone. "That should work."

Skeppy blinked at the rough wobbly circle. "You sure?"

"Yep!"

Skeppy was shoved into it. "Unde' no circumstances should you walk out o' this circle, okay? The ghosts know me, but not you. This should keep you safe."

"Okay." 

"Wonderfa'." and with no warning, the boy began shouting. "OH SPIRITS OF THE BEYON', COME AND MEET US!"

"...Are you sure it's working?"

"Yep." Tommy was staring at something behind his back.

Skeppy slowly turned, fearing the worst. 

It was a ghost. 

"AAAH! It's an actual ghost! I thought this was a staged performance! Oh wait, maybe this is still a staged performance..." and Skeppy was about to walk towards the 'ghost' and touch it to prove it was real. 

"STOP!" Tommy's wild shout brought him back to his senses. These were not creatures you should joke around with.

Another ghost lightened into view. And another, and another, until at least thirty-six stood in the hall. Chill spread frost over the stones, and the livings' breath clouded in the freezing air. 

And the leader ghost flared red. "How dare you bring another into the castle without telling him about us, your most treasured possession?! The we that you are terrified of?! HOW?! EXPLAIN!!!"

"H-he was, was Techno's f-fiance! W-we d-d-did not wan' to sc-scare him!"

The rest of the ghosts reddened. "Fear?! Fear is mortal! Fear is only a part of mortals! We do not understand and do not wish to understand fear, for understanding means acquiring! Do not use this concept as an argument against us!"

The leader spoke out again. "You will die a slow death, much longer and more awful than that ram boy, Schlam or whatever! You will not escape the GHOSTS OF THE SLEEPY CASTLE!!!"

And Skeppy could not wait any longer. Screwing his eyes shut, not to see the advancing horde, his foot came crashing down, outside the protecting circle. Limestone flared, as if calling him back. He scooped up the fallen boy, who had frozen in fear and collapsed. Running back into the safety of the ring. 

"That circle will not last long. I see the mistakes in the art!"

And the ghost was right. Even Skeppy could now see the ordinary gray cracks in the glowing Limestone dust. 

The door to the hall flew open. 

"The Blood God!" rustled the spirits, their red pouring out of their forms like smoke, passing through the air, twisted around Techno. His pink hair whipping around him, the red concentrated in it, making it glow. Soon his whole head was the color of blood. Then the glow faded, leaving him with his normal pink hair.

(A/N Magic hair anyone? Techno, you're a princess)

Techno's sword appeared in his hand. If Skeppy had blinked, he would never have seen the almost invisible movement, whoosh of metal cutting the air. Skeppy gaped. He had seen Techno draw his sword earlier. It was not like this. 

How did he manage to do this in a a couple weeks? 

Pointing it at the ghosts, as if his nothing had happened, he said "Out. And never you touch them again.

"He protects you..." rustled the spirits. A wind blew through the room, and the ghosts were gone. The frost and icicles were blown away. The air was warm, unmoving. Skeppy wondered whether he was hallucinating. 

Technoblade turned to Skeppy. "You're holding the wrong member of the family."

Are you... flirting with me?.. "Oh really. And who might the right member of the family be?"

"I think you know, but in case the ghosts messed with your head - it's me."

With these words the door shut.