Epilogue (Chapter 14)

Epilogue:

Two people stood at the top of the tower. One had long, flowing pink hair and the other's blue fluffy hair sparkled in the sun.

They watched a funeral on the grass below. A heavy coffin floated along, covered with rose petals. Small heads, covered in black, followed it. Streams of flowers surrounded the procedure. 

Technoblade climbed onto the castle wall, and helped Skeppy up. They stepped forward onto a stone that slowly descended. 

Kneeling in front of a gravestone, Techno gripped on to Skeppy's palm.

"I'll miss him so much." he whispered, fighting back tears. 

By his side, Wilbur clutched his blue sheep, crying into his fur, as Tommy hugged Friend's other side.

RIP
King Philza 

You were a beloved ruler, father, and friend to all.

You will live in our hearts forever.

Waterfalls flowed down from the towers. After the ceremony, they walked into the castle to watch Philza's room turn grey. Even the flowers on the empty bed were leeched of all color. The door swung shut, sealing those memories away. 

They made their way to the main corridor. It was filled with portraits of previous rulers - some beloved, some... less so. 

At the very end, an empty golden frame hung. Wilbur, as the oldest son, unrolled the special canvas. He placed it under the frame. When he did, everyone heard the shadow of familiar footsteps and comforting laughter. The ghost materialized, waved at the small gathering, and pressed a hand to the canvas. Colors swirled onto it and slowly stilled, depicting Philza smiling at them. The picture opened its mouth. "Hi guys! Don't be so gloomy. I'll always be here for you."

-------

The house was flowering. Literally. Pink and white jasmine spread across the walls, the grass was green as ever, and the magical tree in the distance was slowly crumbling into dust.

The gray plague wasn't, as it turned out, irreversible. As color leaked back into empty rooms and dust lifted off the floors, Techno, Skeppy, Wilbur, and Tommy began to believe in a happier future.

Friend, the blue sheep, had produced a family (a lone female sheep had wandered into the stables); his babies were adorable varying shades of blue. 

Wilbur was looking happier than ever.

Tommy, whose spirits had always been high, had gotten even more excitable and bouncy. 

Techno didn't have his nightmares, and Skeppy realized that he was absolutely, head-over-heels, wonderfully in love with his pink-haired husband.

It looked like the sad times were finally over. 

-------

Skeppy closed the door. "Techno! Techno? Where are you? The stork came by and-"

He was rudely interrupted by Tommy bashing his elbow on the wall as he ran into the foyer. "You guys got a baby? Whoo! What's her name?"

"Well, we haven't gotten her yet." Skeppy crossed his arms. "The storks need a signature from both the parents, and Techno is a no-show."

Tommy turned to the nearest wall. "House! Bring Techno here, please!"

Techno's sleeping form was brought by a couch. His hair dragged across the floor, gathering dust, so Skeppy picked it up and brushed it off. 

"Techno," he whispered into his husband's ear. "Techno! Wake up!" He didn't stir.

Tommy took a step towards Techno. "TECHNOBLADE! WAKE UP! IT'S BABY TIME!" 

Techno leaped up. "Who? What? Wait, BABY?!" He grabbed Skeppy and whirled him into the air. "The stork is here?"

Skeppy opened the door into the sunshine. Out there waited a stork and their baby. Out there was their future. 

And Techno took Skeppy's hand and happily stepped right into it.