Chapter 12

Techno was lying on his bed. 
He was contemplating his new life.
It contained Skeppy, and more than that, it contained his love for Skeppy.
And there was no denying that.

-----

Skeppy was lying in his bed.
He was contemplating his options.
Now he knew much more about the world, and yet he was still here.
In danger from the moving furniture, in danger from the weird magic tree nonchalantly growing in the forest. Heck, Wilbur's blue sheep was also probably dangerous. 
But he wasn't going to freak out. These were the Middle Ages. Everything was in a pretty bad state, so to heck with it. 
And one thing he wasn't going to do was leave this happy family alone with the gray, sad castle. 
And maybe, just maybe, he would be the one to fix it.

Wilbur might know how.

Wilbur told him that the castle's sadness was a reflection of the happiness level of the inhabitants. It was why the arrival of the blue sheep had rooms that had slept for years wake up. 

"Who's left, then? Philza's happy, Tommy never was sad, you're fine now, Techno... oh, um, Techno..."

Wilbur nodded, confirming Skeppy's suspicions. Techno was the last unhappy inhabitant of the castle. 

"Wait, do the ghosts count?"

"No."

Skeppy hurtled through the castle. Now, where the hell was Techno's room?

-----

Techno was climbing down the creepers on the walls of the house. He had to get out, and at least the plants weren't going to sidle quietly into his path and wait until he fell over them. 

His escape didn't stop some furniture from flying out of the window and bobbing alongside him in the air. 
Was it there to catch him if he fell?

Suddenly Techno felt very adventurous. So, before he could stop himself, he pushed away from the creepers and out into the empty air.
And fell. 

Wind wooshed past him as he lay spread-eagled on a bunch of nothingness. Vines waved him goodbye. The furniture continued to float where it had floated.

Skeppy's face showed out of Techno's window. And that was the last straw.

"I LOVE YOU!" Techno shouted up, towards the laughing sun. Skeppy had to know at his funeral, right? He allowed himself to appreciate the feeling of being about to die. 

"WHAT THE BEARDS?!" Philza was gardening when he saw his son fall at him from the height of many stories. He ran a couple steps east, and BOOSH.

They were both flattened like pancakes.
The End.

Just kidding. 

"I think I broke everything I could've broken in my body." Techno wailed, and Philza stared at his very-much-alive son. 

"What in the name of the Besotted Gods were you doing?"

"I thought the furniture would catch me."

Skeppy was now running full tilt out of the castle. 

"You tried to kill yourself! What- why- how?"

Then he realized what Techno had told him when he was shooting through the sky away from Skeppy.

"You... love me? But nothing could happen! I'm straight!"

Philza gasped. Techno fainted, still not exactly in the best condition after his little flight. And then they saw the storks. 

The storks came in droves. Then they left, also in droves.

Skeppy was gone.

Pecked to death by horrible birds.
The End.

Just kidding.

Techno opened his eyes.

"After them!"

And fainted. Philza stood up and carried the boy to the infirmary. 

They met Tommy and Wilbur in the Great Hall.

"Where's Skeppy?"

"Gone. He was taken by the immense cloud of storks that just went by."

Tommy jumped on the blue sheep. He raised his fist. "After them!"

Wilbur dragged Tommy off the sheep. "No."

---

A day later, Techno stood up. He felt weak. But also deeply in love with his fiance and ready to conquer the world to find him.

Philza walked in with some broth. "Here, drink this."

Techno picked up a spoon.

Minutes later, he felt absolutely fine.

"Dadza! What was in this?"

Philza looked down, sheepish. "A tiny crystal from the tree."

Techno gasped, terrified that he would soon lose his ability to be human. 
But he was fine. 

"I'm going out!" And, after grabbing his sword, he rushed to the stables.
He hopped on his trusty steed, Rocinante, and they rode off after the storks. 

------

(Author's Note: if you want me to rewrite this, just say so. I was bored out of my skull so it's hot trash)