23

"Come here." I opened my arms and pulled Bucky close. His grip was tight around my body—he had no intention of letting me go. "It's ok." I traced lines down the spine of his back to calm him as best I could. It was strange to see him with short hair, I was so used to his long hair it was almost his main characteristic, it was one of the first things I noticed about him; his long hair, diamond blue eyes, and that shiny metal arm that almost blinded me with the reflection of the sun.

"It feels light." He laughs after pulling away and grazing his fingers through his short hair. "It hasn't been this short in a long, long... time." His smile twitches to almost nothing before I plant a kiss on his cheek.

"Sometimes you need to go back to the old you to really find you." My hands found their way to his chest. So hard... and so firm... but yet, warm and soft. I knew it would be warmer under the dark cotton shirt he wore tightly over his impressive figure. "Do you not know how to get shirts in your size?" I tease and trace the thick muscle along the top of his shoulder that bulged through his shirt. His muscles quivered like a beast shaking his fur to attack under my touch.

When I glanced up into his eyes, there was nothing but a thick wall of mist hiding any thought racing through his mind. One side of his lips curled into a short smirk like he was trying to hide his amusement, or...

"Tell me what you're thinking about," I say to distract myself from my own thoughts leading me astray. He didn't answer for a moment but only examined my features as he slowly traced two fingers up the length of my arm before gently grasping my shoulder. Not in a controlling way, more of an intimate and soft, loving grasp; a need to hold me if he couldn't have me tucked in his arms tight against his chest just like his shirt.

"You." He admits as he traces that hand along the top of my shoulder to the spine of my neck, rubbing my hairline with his thumb.

"How boring." I drop my head to the side and beam at him.

"Get a room," Tony whispers from nowhere yet everywhere. "People are trying to work out there." He says a bit louder. Bucky and I turn our attention to the new garden being planted and taken care of by many workers, some daring a look our way before shooting their head back to their work.

"You have an off button now, remember that." Bucky threatens into the air.

There was a long silence before Tony answered. "Popsicle." He says with an icy cold hiss from his tongue.

"Off switch." Bucky retorts.

"Thermostat!" Tony calls back.

"Children! You're both children!" I throw my hands in the air in frustration and turn to make my way back inside. I felt Bucky move behind me, closing the door behind him with a soft thump he reached for my shoulder. "You're hairy, go have a shower."

Our eyes met after I glanced over to him, following his grip from my muscly shoulder all the way along his toned arm, to his neck, to his jaw, to his lips, to his eyes. They glowed with a warm gentleness that always seemed to melt my heart.

"I guess you wouldn't want another hug then?" He raises a brow and breaks the unnoticeable silence between us.

I feel the curves of my face contort from humour. "I'm already covered in your hair, it's probably best we don't add to the layer already itching me to death." I rub at my skin and watch as small strands of hair fall to the ground.

"Then I'll meet you in your room afterwards." He lays a kiss onto my forehead as his gesture of goodbye before darting off into the hallways.

"Do you realise how old he is?" Tony brings me back to consciousness after recognising I numbly stared into nothing—through this empty-concrete-walled-room and to the invisible trail left by Bucky along the floor of the curving hallway.