Scroll 2: Red Devoura Oakwood

Scroll 2:

Red Devoura le Oakwood

After Yzalord won, the queen’s baby was found by a couple named Alden Oakwood and Verda Devoura exposed to danger in a very remote forest. In those times that Alden and Verda found the baby all of a sudden, both of them were wondering about one thing. Why would a mother even leave her child in the forest? Amidst their confusion, they suddenly realized that the baby needs someone to take care of her. So Verda slowly took and cradled carefully Luciana’s baby, and brought her home with care. With the baby in the couple’s hands, they thought the baby is unnamed. So the couple decided to name her Red, which means a gallant warrior.

Seventeen years later, Red grew up into a very beautiful and hardworking girl. Red was trained by her foster parents to work hard to live. The queen’s daughter had lived under the roofs of the Oakwood family for seventeen years and still, Red does not know that the couple she calls her parents are not actually her true parents; but are only her foster parents. The Oakwood family is running a business of selling enchanted remedies and potions. Verda, Red’s foster mother is a full trained alchemist. In Red’s fresh youth, Verda taught her the basics of alchemy because Verda knows that someday, Red will run their apothecary shop.

One day, their ingredients were suddenly stolen and Red’s parents need to go to the market to buy new elements. But since their family income is thought to be less by Verda, they had a conversation about accounting the money.

 Verda complained frowningly. “What should we do Alden, now that our ingredients are gone? We used to have the ingredients for the multiplier extract, but now the ingredients for this very important recipe are gone.”

 “My wife, we only need to buy one piece for every ingredient, and two pieces for each ingredient required for the multiplier extract.” Alden reminded her.

He went to his room, took some paper and pen and wrote the things they needed to buy, and spoke. “Here Verda, for the ingredients not needed for the multiplier extract, we only need one piece of Pigfork, Fairdrake, Airrubber, Dsatstar, Nightdust, Corwalls, Pillowvines, Firebarks and Melody extract. And for the multiplier’s very special ingredients, we need two pieces of Darkwillies, Grunt’s nails and shaking starfishes. In that way, we can account our money, we could make the multiplier extract and multiply our ingredients with it, alright?”

Though Alden has already explained to Verda properly and formally, Verda still doubts her husband. So Verda objected on Alden’s words and she said.

“Alden! Each element we are going to buy costs a great amount of money! We might make the multiplier extract, and this recipe only multiplies plants, ingredients and food.” Then Verda began to point her index finger on Alden’s forehead and she complained back again. “And look what we’ve got! Look at your pocket, you even brought a hundred gold coins! So now, could you tell me that the money you brought fits our budget for the ingredients?”

Alden sighed when Verda’s big-mouth stopped saying useless and meaningless words. Alden sighed again, and he began to respond on Verda’s question.

“My wife, you know that we’ve got a secret room here at home, right?” responded Alden.

Verda began to complain again upon questioning her. “I do know we have a secret room, it’s our basement. How does it relate to our money and to our ingredients?”

Alden closed his eyes and said to Verda. “We’ve got a treasure room in our basement and that treasure room is what we usually describe the secret room! That’s where we store all of our gold. The last time I checked on our total income, I’ve calculated and we’ve got hundreds of gold!” exclaimed the tired Alden.