Scroll 15: The White Chapel

It is a wonderful afternoon; the clouds are filled with gold and the sun is setting down; it was on that time that they were able to gain entry into the holy town. As they were about to enter, they gazed around the divine environment, observing carefully on the priestesses’ way of living and how the silent stillness was able to calm still on the place. They peeked on the gate’s edge; oblivious of what they’re going to do next. Soon enough, they’ve plotted on mind to wander around the city, to look for a place to stay for the rest of the night before they continue their journey to the White Shrine.

Their wonderstruck eyes gazed around the city’s heavenly panorama. Their eyes’ pupils staggered over the place as it searched for a vacant place to slumber. The whole party walked through the ashen streets, searching from left to right, north to south yet found nothing good enough for all of them. All the buildings and inns are occupied by apprentices and they’ve found it hopeless to find a place to sleep in.

Having hearts at the bottom, they’ve thought of giving each of it a rest. Eyeing on a sparkling fountain in ivory framework, there their feet took a stumble.

It’s already twilight, yet their shelter isn’t yet settled. Graea said, “This is hopeless.”

“I think Graea is right Red; this search for shelter in the town is nearly of no point.” Lunace spoke as Red worriedly remained silent.

Dralgar then thought of an idea. “Well this small holy island is serene enough; the winds whisper tranquilly, the birds sing freely, and everything is in order, we might as well sleep on the grass; that’s what you call nature.”

“That’s brilliant; it’s been long since my back felt those smooth follicles of grass.” Terson agreed.

The moment that Terson ended his words, a voice of a woman from the back of their heads then vibrated to their ears,

“No one’s sleeping on grass.”

The rest of the party then looked back and perceived it as an innocent woman in sheer white dress. After a second from that moment did they realize that it was a hospitable priestess gasping for their attention; each one from the party knelt down and paid respect before the priestess. The priestess then said,

“Well, I actually find this as a discomfited greeting, and I would likely prefer if you’d just say hi or good afternoon or any other thing done by some common people in the secular world.”

Red and the team looked onto each other and immediately picked themselves up. They then greeted the priestess the way she wanted. Red became the voice of the party and said,

“With the twilight sky above, it’s still in our great pleasure to say good afternoon.”

“---And in my higher regards of respect, it’s an honor to meet the chosen one.” The priestess then made an act of respect and Red’s eyes widened; having that feeling of blow and flattering at the same time.

The priestess then stood straight and immediately articulated the purpose of her appearance. “I just heard that you were looking for a place to sleep, and luckily, the White Chapel’s cells are vacant, and you are all welcome.”

A kiss of joy came upon the party and Lunace then hastened to the priestess, bringing that flowering gratitude in her heart. “Is it really true? Is this a genuine act of hospitality?”

“Well yes, it’s also part of my duties as the order’s Head Priestess.” The priestess said with pleasure.

When Terson heard the words that came from the priestess, it jolted to his attention that he immediately entered the conversation and asked. “You are the head of the Priestess’ Order?”