Scroll 8: Again Found

Red is now a mage in the apex of adequacy, thanks to Professor Ricardo. The day after their training, Red finally enrolled to the elite class section. Red joined the adult students who were warrior and mage students before, who wished to advance their learning more. The moment Lorelei knew of what happened; she went to the school’s open grounds and confronted her, filling her heart with envy and avarice.

“You’re a mage trainee? Humph!”

“What’s your business Lorelei? I know this conversation would quite be… worthless.” Red franked.

“You are mumbling. Answer my question, or I’ll blast you.” Lorelei warned.

“Whether you blast me or not, my reply will be same; yes, I am a mage trainee. And to tell you in a detailed way, I am an adequate mage. Happy?” Red replied.

“I bet you still don’t know how to hover. It’s impossible to master levitation in just one day.” Lorelei said.

“Are you sure?” Red then used magic and levitated. Lorelei was shocked! She raised her right eyebrow and left Red without a word.

After their futile dialogue, somebody then yelled to Red. As she heard the voice, it was familiar to her. So she looked, and saw who it was; it’s Terson, Red’s trusted friend.

“RED.” Terson yelled.

“Terson…” Red shouted back.

Terson hastened to Red and both of them had a wonderful reunion; something that they should do after weeks of separation. They felt so happy that they greeted each other as if they have not seen each one’s face for a decade. Terson said,

“Red, where were you? I haven’t seen you for weeks.”

“It’s a long story.” Red responded.

“I heard about what happened to you. You were found unconscious by Professor Mandragora, on the time of the school’s Halloween Ball. I tried to gain access to the clinic but they prohibited any student from seeing you. So your absence haunted me every day and every night. Tell me, what took place in front of your eyes when you woke up in the clinic?” Terson asked.

“As my eyes opened, I saw two persons. They were Headmaster Olfin and his friend, Professor Ricardo.” Red answered.

“Who’s Professor Ricardo?” Terson inquired. “I haven’t heard of that name before, here on Abalour Academy.”

“I know that his name doesn’t sound familiar to you, but believe it or not, he’s a teacher from Yzalord.” Red said.

Terson then thought, “If he’s a teacher from Yzalord, then he must be from School City; the only school there and the biggest school in the whole world!”

“Right…” Red agreed.

“So what does he teach? Is he a swordsman… or a mage? Terson asked.

“Both a swordsman and a mage; he’s a warrior-mage.” Red improvised.

“How did you get to know each other?” Terson inquired.

“Headmaster Olfin introduced me to Professor Ricardo and he volunteered to train my powers, so we got associated to each other.” Red explained.

“Now, you know how to use magic?! Do you have any medium… a staff or a wand?!” Terson asked and exclaimed.

“Yes, I have but I left it in my room. I’ll try to conjure it.” Red said.

She then clasped her hands and then, separated it across from each other. A smoke that seemed to be in a shape of a rod, formed in her hands; it was her staff. Red then took hold of her medium and showed it to Terson.