Scroll 12: I'm going with you

Scroll 12:

I’m going with you

Tomorrow finally came and both of them are getting ready. Terson sharpened their swords, while Red is mastering her powers. Red went outside of the room where they slept and explored the dwarves’ place. While her eyes are glancing around the busy dwarves, she suddenly hit on something. Red was surprised so she looked, and realized it was Graea. Red’s eyes sparkled upon seeing Graea. She was never the same since the last time that Red saw her. Onto Red’s astonishment, she said.

“Graea, is that you?!”

“Yes, it’s me; why?” Graea asked curiously.

“I was just startled by you stunning look today with that dress.” Red said.

“Oh, thank you! I sewed it myself.” Graea then told Red. “By the way, are you ready?”

“Ready for what…?” Red asked.

“For passing through the passage to the wilderness…” Graea said.

“Oh, I don’t think I’m ready; I’m still thinking.” Red said.

“Thinking about what…? Do you doubt?” Graea then gave her an advice. “This quest has a reason; remember that there is no such thing as turning back. Wait right here, I’ll just get you something.”

Red nodded and waited for Graea. A few seconds later, Graea returned and in her hand, a flask full of clear water. She then gave it to Red. Red then asked as she accepted the flask.

“Graea, what is this?”

“It’s water from a foreign dwarf kingdom. That is the last flask of water and its here in our domain; that symbolizes the unity among the dwarves. I’ve decided to give the flask to you.” Graea answered.

“Graea, no; take that water back to where it came from. You said it’s important among the rest of you.” Red said.

“Please take it; in the name of all the people in the world, of every race, of every kind, of every name and title, take it.” Graea then reasoned. “That water is the last from the pool of purity.”

“Pool of purity…? What is that?” Red asked.

“The pool of purity is a body of water that exists in the kingdom of the elite dwarves. The pool of purity holds water that is so pure, that when it touches something evil, it destroys it.” Graea explained.

“You are right, but I just can’t use it as a weapon.” Red refused.

“Red, the pool of purity diminished. It happened hundreds of years ago; one time when the elite dwarves gathered some water from the pool of purity, an evil creature named Inklus suddenly came and sent a horrible drought in that area.’

‘The dwarves were scared and decided to live underground and there they rebuilt their new kingdom. But sadly, everything that exists in the surface withered and dried along the pool of purity. But that drought is no ordinary. Something dark crept in the skies that forced the clouds to keep the immense heat.” Graea said.

Red then nodded and slowly accepted the flask of water from the pool of purity. “I won’t let you down Graea.”

Graea then warned her. “Once again, I have to tell you, use that water wisely. One drop is enough. That water can heal and can also destroy evil. But not all evil is vanquished by the water, for there is an exception; if the one hit by the water is a medium or an instrument, the one who lurked within shall not perish for the water acted like a key, to open the passage out of the instrument. Soon you’ll understand what I meant, but for now, just hold on.”