Scroll 11: An Explosion

After three days and three nights of travel in the waters of Livred Ocean, finally their boat has neared the coasts of the Land of Wever. Red is asleep but Terson stayed awake to direct the boat to the right direction. It was an early and cloudy morning. In the ocean, thick mists have clashed with the ship and Terson. The wind elementals are only doing their job; that is to keep force on the sails and to keep the boat in motion. Terson can’t take it anymore, so he said to the wind elementals.

“Can you blow away the mists?”

Then, one of the elementals spoke. “Pardon me mortal, but we, the men of wind cannot be ordered if he is not our summoner. The one, who summoned us, is the only one who has the word.”

“Do you mean, you won’t do what I say but instead, you will do what your summoner says?” Terson let them clarify.

“Of course!” exclaimed one of the wind elementals.

Terson then hurried to the ship’s bedroom and tried to wake Red up. “Wake up Red!”

“I’m still sleeping, back off!” Red said.

“There are thick mists, covering our ship’s path. You need to wake up and help me.” Terson demanded.

“I think I know what your problem is. You want the mists to disappear, don’t you?” Red asked.

“Red, please make the mists vanish!” Terson gladly requested.

Red in an annoyed but sleepy voice replied. “Ask the wind elementals to blow the mists away.”

Terson was driven to exasperation. So he shouted and exclaimed to Red. “That’s the thing! Your elementals won’t do as I say, because they only listen to their summoner. And they said that they won’t listen to a person like me because they will only listen to a person like you!”

Red’s sleep was horribly interrupted by Terson, so she went out of bed and immediately hurried to the ship’s deck and ordered the wind elementals. She said.

“I hereby demand, for both of you to blow the mists away.”

Together, the wind elementals replied. “As you wish, chosen one…”

The wind elementals then blew the mists off and cleared the path. As soon as Terson got back to the deck with Red, she then screamed at Terson.

“So here it is; the wind creatures already blew the mists away.”

“Indeed, the right thing for them to do.” Terson said.

“I’m glad that your… purpose is done!” Red emphasized, Terson’s reason of disturbing her in her sleep.

“If it wasn’t for you, if you didn’t wake up and ordered these wind elementals to blow the mists away, our boat could’ve had sank a while ago.” Terson argued with her.

Terson then went to the ship’s telescope to check what’s ahead of them. He was very surprised when he saw an island with lushes of exotic trees. Terson then exclaimed to Red,

“Wever is ahead of us!”

Into Red’s surprise, she exclaimed. “Really, we are near?”

“Of course, go and prepare yourself; we are about to dock.” Terson said.

Soon, their ship anchored in the shores of Wever. When Red and Terson have stepped out of the ship, both of them explored the land. Their eyes widened when they saw the exotic plants and herbs. On what they saw, Wever was a mountainous area, different mountain ranges of different sizes and colors stood. Diverse mountain creatures live there; dwarves were seen by them, hiding in the mountains, while the ogres have their towers built in the tips of canyons. Cyclops also had their life in the jungle.