4- drained

3:17am

3:17am. Jadeyn's room.

She awoke to a soft knocking coming from the exterior of her bedroom door. Gaining consciousness suddenly to her surroundings, stirring out of sleep, Jadeyn sat up quickly in confusion, being slightly pissed at the fact she couldn't finally enjoy a full night's sleep in over a year, let alone sleep in her own bed. Who on earth is disturbing her at this time? "If this is Nat stumbling in here drunk on my first night back," she thought, thinking of the ways she was about to tell her off.

She groaned to herself and rubbed her eyes, removing the comforter from her sleepless body. With only her oversized shirt hanging from her body, she glided across the cold surface beneath her feet, reaching the door. She took in a breath before touching the cool metal of the handle. As her eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness, she cracked open her door, wondering who was bothering her at this hour. Squinting her eyelids as the light peered into her room, she was met with a towering figure, feeling her stomach drop. She pulls the door further inwards, and to her surprise, she was glazing up to ice, blue eyes.

"Thor?" She gasped out in a raspy tone, her dry mouth coming from her past sleep. Standing before him, she read his expression for a few seconds, instantly knowing he was in pain. The amount of time they've spent together throughout the last years brought so many experiences of emotions between them; to the point where she could easily read him like a book.

He was silent, not meeting her eyes as his broad posture stood over her, looking down at the ground before them. She was shocked by his appearance, realizing he didn't show at the party just a few hours earlier.

"Hey, look at me." Jadeyn said abruptly, suppressing his silence.

Thor finally met with Jadeyn's sleepy appearance; regretting awakening her as he noted the messy hair and her heavy eyes, but he knew he needed her.

"I'm sorry for waking you Jade, I just-"

"Come here," she said gently, cutting him off before finishing. She opened the door fully, dropping her grasp and stepping aside so he could pass her, directing him into her room. Concern was written all over her face. Stepping in, he nodded at her softly with a gentle smile. He walked past her bed and slumped his large build onto the chair in the corner of her room.

Closing her door quietly, making sure not to wake up anyone nearby, it extinguished the only light between them. She moved over to the small table lamp on her vanity, pressing the switch with her small digit, glowing the small space they shared. As she plopped onto the edge of her bed, sitting with her legs crossed, she was intrigued as to what the man before her was about to say.

She adjusted her oversized shirt slightly between her crossed legs as she realised how exposed she probably was from his view, despite there only being a bedside light on behind her, perfectly lighting up his face between the darkness, highlighting his emotions further.