3- safe

9:03pm

9:03pm. 38 minutes since the announcement that the team would be having a small celebration in honour of Jadeyn's birthday and the return of her and Thor. Everyone had rushed to their rooms in the private headquarters of the Compound to get ready. The team is used to having hours to prepare and get ready for Tony's big events but with the party being announced at the last minute, half an hour was enough for the gentleman to happily jump into some business-formal attire. A couple rooms down, Natasha was annoyed with the time frame given but regardless, she always knew how to put an outfit together and outdo everyone in the room.

Jadeyn walked down the corridor of where her room used to be. As she held the handle down and pushed the door away from her torso, she had to give a forceful push for the door to fully open; almost like it hadn't been open the entire time she'd been gone. She flicked on the lights when the sweet amber and cedarwood scents from her Tom Ford Velvet Orchid perfume hit her nose, as it was still hovering in the air. She walked through what she used to call home, taking in all the time she spent here, including time spent with him. Everything sat in her room just as she left it. All her dark attire hanging perfectly in the closet, her vanity still organized with her products, she could almost see a thin sheet of dust on some things. The overwhelming feeling of being back in her old room took her by awe and flooded her mind with distant memories.

She quickly snapped out of her trance and remembered she was on a time crunch to get ready. She would love to wear one of her dresses but still recovering from Dhaka and covered in wounds, she preferred to keep that for another occasion. She picked out her jet black, shiny leather trousers with a small fabric belt that accentuates her tiny, waisted figure. A petite, dark vest-like top to match and a pair of her heeled boots, all black clothing, just how she liked it.

Opening her makeup drawer, she wanted to find a pop of colour to add to her lips to contrast her dark attire. Jadeyn always dressed in these grim outfits but acquired bright hair or piercing makeup as she loved to make her face stand out and be the centre of attention. There it is; Dragon Rouge. The sexiest, darkest, red shade of matte lipstick. Her favourite, but most importantly, Bucky's favourite. She only started wearing it when they were together, so she thought if she was wearing his favourite lipstick tonight, then maybe he would have some recollection of their past relationship. Jadeyn knew Tony wasn't wrong about Bucky. She knew the second the team arrived, locking eyes with him, with that smile, she knew that was her Bucky. He was back.

She added some finishing details and double checked her outfit in the mirror. Switching the lights off as her door closes behind her, she walks at a steady pace down the hall, passing by rooms that are occupied by other members of the team, making her way towards the main quarters.

"Where's a pretty lady like you off too at this time of night hey?" she hears sarcastically from down the hallway. Stopped in her tracks, she turned around to see Sam and Steve in matching tuxedos walking towards her.