John B's POV
I hear Sarah come in saying "guys!" I say "hey, Sarah" yawning and she says "surprised you guys aren't all sweaty and outside, oh my god, what happened to you?" JJ says "don't worry about it, sweetheart" getting to get his shirt from the bathroom that was left there several hours ago. Our group decided it was a good nap and gossip day apparently. Sarah says "some hot guys are surfing and bringing beer out, we should go talk to them and I got us matching bathing suits" giving Kiara a cloth bag. Kiara says "let's go, the suns setting, it's party time, get the boat ready" and the girls go into the bathroom together just laughing. I say "I still don't understand why girls go into the bathroom together." JJ says "me either" us getting ready in separate rooms in the house and I go to get the boat ready, do a check of everything. The boys come out and JJ says "what the hell are they doing?" I say "probably talking about us" and we all nod at the same time. I mumble "you feeling ok?" JJ nods and I give him the look and he says "I'm ok" and I stare into his eyes and I nod saying "you're so high" and he says "maybe a bit" and Pope says "I'll drive." Sarah and Kiara come out of the house and Sarah says "let's go, boys" and JJ says "yes, ma'am." Pope starts up the boat and I say "come on, buddy" offering my hand to JJ, who is high as fuck. He says "thank you" taking my hand and still falls onto the boat. He says "now that was rude" and I laugh and he says "I'm staying here" and I say "sober up, we should get the keg" and Sarah says "I like the way you party, they didn't have one." I say "awesome" and we go to get beer and the keg from where Kiara works and we sneak it from there to the boat, making sure to tell everyone "party on the beach!" We get everything to the beach, anchoring the boat in the sand, and we're still the first ones there except that group of guys that were there before. I mumble "are those pogues or kooks or tourists?" JJ says "I'm gonna find out, find stuff to make a fire, Pope, the biggest fire we can" and the girls run into the water, laughing their asses off. JJ and I go over to the guys and JJ says "did you bring our boards?" I say "they're always on the boat unless you moved them" and he says "they're on the boat" nodding. We go over to these guys and a couple girls, me saying "we heard that you guys were on the beach partying, we brought a keg and a bunch of people are coming, care if we join you?" One of the guys say "that would be sick, you guys from around here?" JJ says "yeah, you? Do we look clean today?" I say "guess so, we pass looking like tourists, nice" us doing our handshake. They chuckle and the guy says "we're not, we're visiting, thinking about moving here." I say "then you must be from beach towns, cause you look very laid back" and they shrug and the main guy says "we're from coastal towns, not beaches." I say "so, not surfer laid back" and he says "I think we're gonna live here, what's your advice?" I say "pick a side and stick to it, it's hard to be both" and he says "what do you mean?" JJ says "wanna live with the fun laidback rebellious side of the island, sure we're poorer but we have more fun unless country clubs and polos with cargo shorts are your thing." The guy says "we'll have to think about it" and I say "you'll meet both sides of the island tonight" and another one asks "which side are those girls on?" I say "that's complicated" and we chuckle. I say "hang with pogues, you are one but they live as country club queens at the same time." He says "pogues?" I say "poorer side of the island, rich side is called kooks, you'll see the difference when everyone shows up." JJ says "if they have frosted tips, you know" and I say "the king of frosted tips and his gang is here." Pope comes back with a shit ton of stuff for a fire and the girls come over, Kiara saying "need any help, boys?" JJ says "no, we're good, Ki" pulling his lighter out and Sarah says "would you like some lighter fluid, tough guy?" JJ says "thank you, ma'am" taking it from her and she smiles and one of their guys in the tourist group says "so, ladies, where you from?" Kiara says "from around" smiling and they get talking to their guys and I say "let's start a fire over there." We get a massive fire going toward the center of the beach. It's more of a bonfire and it's taller than me. JJ says "biggest one yet" smirking and I say "give me the lighter fluid you pyro" and he says "killjoy" giving me the lighter fluid. Pope says "this is the biggest one yet, nice work, team" quietly and I hear Topper say "yo, John B" and I say "Topper, yes?" He says "how's my girlfriend?" I say "your ex, she seems pretty alright to me" and he says "shut up, pogue" and I grab JJ saying "easy, tough guy" cause I know he'd kill Topper the first chance he'd get. I mumble "take a walk, Jay, shotgun a beer, you can't take him now" giving him the look and he bites his lip and walks away to go talk to our new friends we made. I say "look, Topper, just give it a break, you think you're so cool" rolling my eyes and he says "yeah, certainly better than you" and I roll my eyes and I just walk away and I go to stand next JJ. I need a cool down after dealing with Sir Frosted Tips.