Chapter 18-The Heir to Berk

Toothless quickly swooped back over to the island of Berk. Where the rest of the riders had landed once hiccup had gotten toothless out. He got off toothless, still holding onto his dragon for and was going to help Astrid when she got off quickly and looked at him stressed.
"What? What's wrong?" He asked, looking back out to the ocean, where the rest of the boats retreated from the harbor.
"You!" She blurted out, before elaborating, "hiccup, you're bleeding!"
Hiccup looked back at her before down at himself, and he finally realized the cut. It was much deeper than it felt when it had happened, he put his hand on it and the crimson liquid quickly covered his hand. He looked back at her and was going to say something when all the adrenaline wore off, and he passed out.
~
A day or so later, hiccup woke up. He was sore all over and felt like he'd been stabbed. He sat up a bit, feeling the bandages wrapped around his waist, and remembered the battle. He shook off the feeling knowing they had won and it was over, but then around where he was.
It was the chief's hut, his old home, He could recognize it anywhere. But the new addition was toothless, with his head at the end of the bed just waiting for him to wake up. Seeing as he was, the dragon came over and licked his rider all over. Hiccup started laughing, and it hurt to do so, but he didn't care. He pushed his dragon off slightly and went to stand up. The prosthetic leg felt different, he took it off and looked at it. It was different handy work, but still good nonetheless. He assumed it was done by Gobber, and he put it back on and stood up. He tested it slightly, making sure it worked before he walked to go outside.
He pushed open the heavy door, his dragon not far behind. He saw the Viking dragon riders and his father outside, who all turned hearing the door open.
"Hiccup!" They all cheered upon seeing him. And a lot of the other townspeople came over to give praise too.
Astrid was the first to go over to him, "are you ok? You better be! And you better not scare me like that again!" She smiled at him giving him a nudge on the arm. He was injured she wasn't going to punch him if it meant hurting him more than he already was.
Stoick was the next to come over, putting a heavy hand on his shoulder.
"You did a great job, Son," Stoick beamed, "you made fighting a battle look easy!"
Hiccup gave a halfhearted chuckle, looking as toothless nuzzled his head under hiccup's arm. He trilled, looking at all the Vikings.
Hiccup smiled a bit, before turning back to his father, "I couldn't have done it without toothless. Or Astrid, or any of the other dragon riders."
Astrid smiled a bit at that, before nudging him again. When he looked at her, she nodded towards Stoick.
Hiccup had forgotten to tell him the most important thing he'd come to terms with when coming back to Berk with Astrid. And he finally remembered with her assistance. He looked to Stoick the Vast, chief of the hooligan tribe, and gave a smile, "And it sure was some welcome back home."
Stoick let out a loud laugh before giving hiccup a big hug. Hiccup gasped for breath in the strangling grip, before letting out a breathless, "still injured, can't breathe dad-"
Stoick put him down, and smiled, before turning and announcing to the entire village, "the heir to Berk has come home! My son has come home!"
There was an immense amount of cheering, everyone on Berk celebrated the return of hiccup. Although hiccup had a kingdom over the past couple of years, being around people who appreciated him for what felt like the first time in his life was, well, overwhelming. He was so happy to be home, deep down he had missed it. It was charming in its own weird little way.
The group of dragon-riding Vikings came up and all hugged hiccup too. Even snotlout was glad that hiccup wasn't dead and was, in fact, going to be chief.
Toothless let out an excited roar and a small blast up in the air. All the other dragons let their fire blaze up in the air, also celebrating this momentous day.
~

Things here on Berk can be pretty extreme.

Astrid and stormfly flew over to the chief's hut, where hiccup and toothless were waiting on top of. both dragons with their riders took off into the air.

I mean, how can they not be?

They were soon joined by the rest of the group of Vikings dragon riders. As they soared over the village.

The people here are crazy, the pets? Even crazier.

They all went out over to the dragon arena, where there was another group of young Vikings. All have the yearning to be a dragon rider.

Yeah, sometimes they can be a bit of a problem. Both of them.

The twins and their zippleback thought it was a perfect time to scare the new recruits, by making an explosion right behind them. Which made most of them scream, and all at least jump out of shock. One's helmet even caught on fire.

But it's what we Vikings do best. And It's what us dragon riders do best.

Hiccup glared at them and they just laughed, as all the riders got off their dragons. They all looked at the kids in front of them with smiles of joy, the devious and excited kind.

Many people think dragons are untrainable, crazy, and wild beasts. But I proved them wrong.

Hiccup was the first to step forward out of the middle of the dragon riders, closer to the trainees.

I did what most thought was impossible.

He looked down at the one in the front of the group. She looked scared but determined to do what she was here to do. Hiccup grinned,

"Alright. Let me show you all, how to train your dragon."