chapter 1

"Ughhh... I hate Mondays." I said stretching my arms upright while waiting for Keisuke.

"Bye, I'll see you later." Keisuke said and closed the door behind him.

"Still going with the 'Mamas boy' look I see." I said fixing my skirt.

"Shut up will ya?" Keisuke asked shoving me slightly.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." I said putting my hands up and Keisuke just rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"We'll meet in room 3 again after school right?" Keisuke asked and I nodded my head in agreement.

"What do you need help with this time?" I asked looking over at Keisuke.

"It's a letter to Kazutora." Keisuke said. "Oh yeah, how is he now?" I asked Keisuke.

"He's doing fine, said it's boring as hell in juvie." Keisuke said as the two of us reached the school gate.

"See you later." I said waving goodbye to my friend and headed off to class as the bell rang.

Walking through the crowded hallways was something I always hated doing. Everyone's pushing and shoving to get to their next class and it's the worst when you have to cross over the corridor.

Sitting down in my first class, I rested my hand on my cheek as the teacher began to go on about useless stuff that I'll most likely never need again.

Keisuke and his friends recently formed their own gang and called it the 'Tokyo Manji Gang' or 'Toman' for short.

Keisuke and I actually met at the Sano's Martial Arts class when the two of us were younger and ever since then, we became best friends.

I was asked if I would like to become the 5th division captain but I had to turn down the offer, for now anyways.

Besides... I'm sure that he'll find someone else for that role.

"Matsuno, take your feet off that desk!"

The sudden voice of our teacher snapped me out of my thoughts as I looked over to see the blonde boy behind me with his feet on the desk.

"Hey teach, why should I listen to you?" Chifuyu asked.

Oh yeah, this is Chifuyu. An absolute asshole who sits behind me every class. He thinks he's top dog in the class because of his popularity... but he just looks stupid in my opinion.

"Just take them down..." You said turning around to Chifuyu.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey!" Chifuyu said as he kicked the back of my chair. "What do you want now?!" I asked in annoyance.

"What's the answer the number 5?" Chifuyu asked.

Instead of giving him an answer, I smiled and stuck my middle finger up to him before getting back to my work.