Long Distance p.4

TW: abandonment, homophobia

ring! ring! ring!

y/n was awoken by her boyfriend's phone ringing and showing a caller id she couldn't read from where she was on the bed. katsuki was still wrapped around her tightly, his head pressed into her stomach and arms snaked around her hips. his hands gripped onto her shirt. y/n tapped his back and lightly called to him, "katsuki, katsuki wake up..."

his head lifted in a daze as he looked around the darkroom that was only barely lit by the moonlight shining from the window covered by curtains. he made a small hum in question, it sounded very gravely to y/n. without his girlfriend needing to say more he grabbed the phone and answered the call not bothering to look at who was calling so early in the morning. "what?" y/n hit his arm lightly at his attitude. y/n could only hear select words from the person on the other side of the line but the voice seemed to be in some sort of distress.

"um bakugo, i know you're sleeping and you're with your girlfriend, but i've already tried calling the others and they're not picking and i really need your help." denki's voice had taken a form bakugo had never heard before. the desperation in his friend's voice made bakugo sit up a little, worrying slowly creeping onto his features. y/n watched his face with curiosity but didn't dare speak. "what is it?" he wasn't as rough this time. bakugo's walls were still very much up with class 1-a and only a few have broken them down, but he wasn't a complete asshole when someone was in distress.

"so, i stayed over with my parents today because i wanted to come out to them. i didn't think it would go so bad... bakugo they kicked me out and told me to never come back. please come get me." a mixture of sleep and genuine worry for his friend hit bakugo like a wave crashing down on the beach. y/n rubbed her eyes and continued to watch the horrified expression on her boyfriend's face worsen.

"where are you?"  a growl left bakugo's voice,  low and threatening. he was pissed. even if his mother wasn't "happy" with his life choices he shouldn't have been kicked out of the house in the middle of the night. it took denki by surprise to hear the anger rising in his friend's voice, not knowing if it was a combination of being woken up in the middle of the night or pure rage denki answered. albeit, he answered so quietly he thought bakugo not might have heard, but he did. 

there was the shuffling sounds of movements and mumbling from the other side of the phone as denki tapped the concrete he sat on. there was only one streetlight and the faint sound of cicadas in the background. denki had already told the whole class about his sexuality and it gave him hope that his mother would be as accepting as they, as false as it might have been. "we're coming to get you. stay still." bakugo's voice broke denki's wandering thoughts that threatened him with tears.

"wait! you're bringing your girlfriend?"

"of course i am, i'm not leaving her in the same vicinity as the old hag, they hate each other."

"we don't hate each other, we just don't get along..." y/n's delicate voice chimed in. she didn't mind coming along. coming out was a but harder in japan than in the u.s. the stereotypes mixed with political and religious factors make for a very sensitized society in select areas. nowadays the new generation of kids are able to better understand the shift in society because they grew up in the change so it never really affected them. y/n knew this and understood to some degree how hard it has to be to stop hiding who you are from the people you thought you trusted the most. for some, it works out in their favor but others aren't as lucky, in the moment. y/n likes to believe that each series of events leads up the other, so the famous term 'everything happens for a reason' applies to everyone. 

"are you sure? it's kind of, i don't know, weird."

"you're the only one being weird about it. we'll be there in 10 minutes." bakugo didn't give denki time to respond before he hung up.