Chapter 17

"There you go.", Marieke sat down the wine glass in front of Frida.
"And for you another cup of tea." Instead of sitting down on the couch as well she chose the arm chair right next to it. Her thoughts were still racing. As were Frida's. That was the closest call she had experienced in a long time. It made her think of how the relationship with Agnetha had ended. How furious Björn was when he found them. They were huddled up under  the covers in their summer cottage on Viggsö, not expecting  anyone to be back for another couple of hours. If only it had been Benny, at least he knew. Even if they had agreed that he would only tolerate it if it didn't happen in his presence, their world wouldn't have exploded. Now she was sharing a blanket with Agnetha again. But not like that. Agnetha was sick and Frida was intrigued and enamoured by Marieke. She looked over to her, Marieke was biting her lip. She was nervous, of course she was. They would have to talk about what happened. Frida couldn't stop thinking about their kisses. They had felt so good, she wanted to kiss Marieke again, if she would even let her after the shock of almost getting caught. Agnetha didn't even let her touch her, not even brush her accidentally, after they got caught. But Agnetha hadn't caught them. So Frida hoped and longed to kiss Marieke again.

Marieke noticed Frida had been looking at her instead of the TV for a short while. Agnetha was probably to focused on the movie to notice, but Marieke was worried she might anyways so she cleared her throat.
She didn't manage to lose Fridas attention she only attracted Agnetha's as well:
"Oh, no. Please don't tell me I gave you the flu."
"No, don't worry. I'm alright."
"Are you sure?", she asked again.
"You seem a little shaken up?" Her plan had completely misfired, she just wanted Frida to not look at her anymore. Now Agnetha knew something was up.
"No, everything is allright. The wine glass thing gave me a bit of a fright." Marieke tried to scramble for an excuse but all she could think of were Frida's soft lips on hers.
"Marieke was worried it would stain.", Frida tried to explain it away.
"Oh, don't worry about that it was an accident.", Agnetha tried to reassure her. But Marieke wasn't reassured she was confused. About what happened between her and Frida and confused about what Agnetha possibly saw or heard.

It wasn't long until Agnetha layed down on the couch. The flu was still getting the best of her. She had been asleep for a few minutes when Frida stood up. Marieke thought she would go to the kitchen to grab some more popcorn or wine, but instead she put her hand on Marieke's shoulder. Marieke flinched. Agnetha could have woken up any second.
"Don't", she whispred.
"Not here, not now." Marieke could feel Frida's breath on her neck.
"Then let's go to the kitchen." Frida thought about kissing Marieke's neck for a second, but she stopped herself. Instead she stroked Marieke's arm. Marieke was still nervous, but Frida's touch also filled her with the warmth she had grown familiar with since last night. Of course she took Frida's hand, following her to the kitchen. But if Marieke had waited just one more second before standing up she would have seen that Agnetha had opened her eyes.