Chapter 6

The next morning came and the events of night seemed more than comical to Marieke. A drunk Frida, whom she only met once before showing up on the doorstep to take care of Agnetha at two in the morning. Marieke smiled when she came into the bedroom, Frida's lipstick prints were still on Agnetha's cheeks.
"Goodmorning, how do you feel?" Agnetha returned the smile, though visibly exhausted.
"I'm allright I guess. I don't really feel any better."
"Oh no, poor you. I'm going to make you a chicken soup later, a little birdie told me that's your favourite. But in the meantime do you mind if I clean you up a little bit?", she gestured at the damp washcloth in her hand. Agnetha seemed confused:
"Clean me up? Did I spill anything?"
"You had a lipstick wearing visitor last night.", Marieke giggled. She gently brushed Agnetha's cheek with the washcloth.
"So it wasn't dream? Frida was here?"
"Yes, she was worried you were sick and all alone. I don't know why she picked two am as the appropriate time to come over though." Agnetha laughed, which made her cough.
"Oh, sweetheart. Here take a sip of water." Marieke froze when she realized what she had just called her employer, but Agnetha didn't seem to notice or care. She just smiled when she handed the glass back to Marieke.
"Your little birdie was that Frida too?"
"I knew you were going to ask that, yes it was. Did she wake you up when she came in last night?"
"I don't think so, I mean I dreamt of her so maybe. Were you not with her?" Agnetha nervously moved her bangs out of her face.
"No I was downstairs with Benny, who was apolizing for the unexpected turn up." Agnetha relaxed a bit.
"You did say something that was meant for Frida, when I checked on you after they had left." Marieke remembered the strange moment from last night, which had left her confused but even more confusing to her was Agnetha's reaction now that she had brought it up.
"What did I say?"
"I think it was something along the lines of: Frida, we shouldn't do this anymore. Or something similar."
"I don't remember that, it must have been part of my dream." Agnetha tried to brush off the subject which only intrigued Marieke more but she didn't want to push it.
"Well, I'm going to make you some ginger tea and then get started on the chicken soup." Marieke stood up from the bedside turning to leave.
"Frida at two in the morning seems to have left an impression on you." Agnetha laughed, only to start coughing again.