28.

Bria steps outside with Oscar not to far behind.   The couple looked around the backyard. "The backyard is big enough for the kiddos to run around. Maybe barbecue with the guys, Mr Diaz." The realtor said, placing her hand on his arm.

Oscar pulls his arm as he looks at Bria then back at the realtor, "Can we have a minute?"

"Sure take your time, hun."The young woman said before disappearing into the empty home.

"She has one more time Oscar."

He chuckle then presses his lips on her forehead, "What do you think of this one?"

Bria looks around and smiles, "I love it. The backyard could use some love but it's perfect."  She answers.

Oscar wraps his arms around her"And it's only 20 minutes from the restaurant and the gallery."

"So does that mean we've found our home and we can finally move out of Freeridge?" She asks, wrapping arms around him.

"Sounds like it."

Bria's face lit up and a big smile. "This is the fresh start we need. It's gonna be me, you, and our two babies. Maybe we can get Cesar to come with us."

Oscar frowns, "I don't know about that."

Bria pulls his face close to hers "We have to try-"

"So what are you thinking Mr Diaz?" The couple turn to see the realtor stepping outside.

"My husband and I want to buy." Bria said with a big smile. "This house is perfect for us and our children."

The realtor's nose flares a little,  "I guess I'll get the paperwork ready."

Bria's smile continues, "You do that hun." She watches as the young woman disappears into the home once more.

"I like it when you get jealous." Oscar said, kissing her cheek.

————————

"Thank you guys for watching Mateo. I have a lot to get done for this gallery along with my deadline-"

"Bria, it's not a problem. You know me and your father can't get enough of this little guy." Brandy assures, holding Mateo.

"Everything is in his backpack. I'll come back in a few hours." She said. "Can mommy get a hug before I go bye bye?"

Mateo smiles and leans over to hug his mom. "Bye bye."

Bria smiles before leaving the house. Her eyes look down the street to see Cesar sitting outside with the  Santos scattered on the small lawn. She lets out a sigh before walking over to  the house. "Cesar."

All eyes shift to Bria, "Who's this?" The girl sitting next him.

"Cesar, can we talk for a minute?" Bria said, ignoring the girl.

"I asked you a question." The girl stood up.

"And I ignored it." Bria said, making eye contact with the girl.

"Relax." Cesar said. "Bria, we can talk inside."

Bria followed the Santo inside the home. Her eyes looked around, "Nothing has changed."

"What do you want Bria? You shouldn't even be here."

"I wanted to know if you'd come over for dinner tonight. Maybe you can finally talk to Oscar?"

"No, now go."

"Can you at least think about it?"  She asks, crossing her arms.

"Can he give me my money?"