21.

"Okay everyone I'd like to give a speech

"Okay everyone I'd like to give a speech." Bria said, standing in front of the DJ booth. The music turned off and eyes were on her. "First, I'd like to thank everyone for coming out and celebrating with me. "

The small crowd cheers. "Love you!"

"Id like to thank Abuelita for the dress." Bria gives a small twirl. "Most importantly I'd like to thank my friends and family for the support. I wouldn't have gotten through this without you guys. I'd like to give a thanks to a special someone who's believed in me since we were kids. Sadly he couldn't be here tonight-"

Boos erupted. Monty didn't want Oscar at the house. He didn't like nor trust Oscar but Bria was happy.

Bria laughs. "Relax, he had a family emergency." She lies, before glancing to see a familiar face. Her heart dropped as they made eye contact. Cuchillos stood in the corner away from the crowd.

"Bria, are you okay?" Monty asks.

Bria looks back at the crowd of people. Everyone with a concerned look on their face. She relaxes her body and smiles, "Yeah, just crazy how I'm done with school. Thanks again everyone for coming." She walks away from the booth, heading towards Cuchillos.

"Bria, is everything okay?" Monty ask, stopping his daughter.

Bria smiles and looks at her dad, "Yeah, I just had way too much food. Got a date with the bathroom." She lies.

Monty looks at his daughter and nods, "There's pepto in the cabinet."

Bria quickly walks away and Cuchillos is nowhere in sight. She looks around and sees the back gate open. Outside the gate stood the middle aged woman.

"Congratulations. Graduating college is a big accomplishment."

"You couldn't have stopped by tomorrow." Bria asks, crossing her arms.

Cuchillos looks at Bria and chuckles, "I'm going to let that slide. You don't know any better." She said. "But have you given any thought to what we talked about?"

Bria sighs, "No, with Graduation-"

Before the graduate could finish her sentence, she was pinned to the fence with a knife to her throat. "Bria, you know you shouldn't mess with a person like me."

"Give me a few days, I have no distractions." Bria couldn't help but stare at the blade that rested against her throat.

Cuchillos tightens her grip and presses the knife against Bria's skin. "You're lucky I like you. We'll be in touch in a few days. It's either you or your family next time." She lets go of Bria, who clutches her throat.

Once the party was over, Bria immediately went to Oscar's. She  needed help with the Cuchillos thing and fast.

Oscar opens the door with a smile on his face. "Hello my favorite graduate." He said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.