17

" Big show is tomorrow! Are you ready?" Marly asks.

Bria shakes her head, "I'm a little nervous."

"Don't be. Just be yourself and let your art speak for itself." She said. "I've got to go, but I'll see you and your art tomorrow. "

"See you tomorrow." Bria hangs up her phone and tosses it on the table. She spent the last month just working on her 3 paintings. Although she fixed things with her father and her sister, her and Oscar haven't talked. They haven't even crossed paths.

Bria continues to straighten her hair, getting ready for the show tomorrow.

"Need any help?" Bria looks up in the mirror to see her dad. She smiles and hands him the straightener. "I haven't done this since you were little."

"Yeah Mrs. Martinez taught you since you almost burned me the first time."

Monty laughs, "and once again I'm sorry." He said, "I'm so proud of you bumble bee."

Bria gives a small smile, "Thanks Dad." She said. "Dad?"

"yeah?"

"Do you think I should forgive mom?" She asks.

Monty sighs, "that's up to you." He said. "I forgave her a long time ago. She gave me two beautiful girls that I wouldn't trade for the world."

She smiles, "Love you dad." Bria gets up from her chair and hugs her dad.

✨✨✨✨✨

Bria reaches for another glass of champagne

"Girl slow down!" Nicole said, before sipping her glass.

"I'm nervous." She said before drinking half the glass. "My dad and sister aren't here yet and neither is nessa. People haven't said much about my paintings."

"Relax!" Nicole said, "Everyone is on their way and you haven't walked over towards your paintings since you put them up. Go over and mingle."

Bria sighs, "i don't want to leave you by yourself."

"I'll be fine, go do your thing!"

Bria smiles and walks over towards her paintings.

"Interesting paintings, right?" Bria looks over to see a man in a suit standing next to her.

"I love it." A woman said, hooking arms with the stranger.

Bria smiles then looks at her work. The night went on and more people showed. Bria mingling amongst the crowd but her eyes glued to the entrance. She knew he wasn't gonna show up.

"Bria!"

Bria turns to see Marly standing there, "Hey!" She said, giving her a hug. "I want to thank you again for this opportunity."

"No problem. Honestly from what I'm hearing, it may be worth your while." She said. Bria raises her brow. "I heard there's a bidding wars going on two of your pictures."

Bria's eyes go wide, "No way!" She said, before hugging marly.

"Once I know more, I'll let you know."

"Hey Girl!" Vanessa said with open arms.

"Hey, you made it." Bria said, before looking at the door.

"I don't know if he's coming."

Bria looks at her friend, "I know I shouldn't even be looking for him but there's a piece of me that wants him to just show up."

Vanessa places her hand on Bria's shoulder, "enjoy your night."

The night came to a close and he never showed up. Bria takes the last sip of her water and looks at her paintings.

"Bria!" Vanessa calls, "Your dad wants to celebrate at the house."

"I just have to meet up with Marly and I'll meet you guys over there." She said with a smile.

"Proud of you girl!" Vanessa leans in to her hug her best friend. "Love you too."

"Bria!"

Bria smiles at Vanessa before walking over to Marly. "Hey."

"Hope you had fun."

Bria nods, "I did, got to meet a lot of great people. Even got a few business cards for future projects." She said.

Marly smiles, "I'm glad." She said. "I'm happy to tell you all three were sold."

Bria's eyes go wide in excitement. "Really?!" She said, trying contain her excitement."

Marly nods, "the bidding war for your tshirt photo was cut throat but I will say it was with it." She said, handing Bria an envelope. "Inside is a paper with the amount you're getting. You'll be able to pick up the check next week."

Bria sighs and opens the envelop. 178,650. She looks up at Marly. "This is a joke."

"Nope, it's not. I told you people were fighting for that one painting and that's after the gallery took their cut." Marly said. "Bria you have a lot of talent and an amazing future ahead of you."

Bria smiles, "Thanks, that means a lot."
✨✨✨✨✨

A/N; this was pretty much a filler. But below is her "paintings"

Next chapter: Bria helps Cesar.