10.

TRIGGER WARNING; SEXUAL ASSAULT and DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

"Bria!"

Bria jumps in her seat, dropping her phone on the floor. "What?!" She said, grabbing her phone.

"You're suppose to be helping me shop for an outfit for my date tonight." Nicole said, looking through the racks.

"I'm surprised you gave Sad Eyes a chance." Bria said, putting her phone in her pocket.

"I could say the same about you and Oscar. Considering there's no hit on you, he made it out alive."

Bria rolls her eyes trying to hide her smile, "What exactly are you looking for?" She said, looking through the clothing racks.

Nicole laughs, "Ay dios mio, Oscar has you sprung?" She asks, watching her friend go through the racks.

Bria hands Nicole an outfit, "Go try this on."

Nicole continues to laugh, "What are you going to do about Leo?" The girls made their way towards the dressing room.

"Honestly, I'm gonna be honest and break things off. I texted him hours ago though, and no response." Bria answers. She stops for a moment and hands her friend another outfit. "This too."

"Maybe he already knows."

Bria bit her lip as her friend went into the dressing room. Maybe word got out that her and Oscar hooked up. The sooner she comes clean the better. She dials his number.

"Hey it's Leo, leave a message."

"Hey, texted you. Need to talk, call me back please." Bria sighs, before hanging up the phone.

✨✨✨

Bria places the car in park and looks at the house full of people. From the info given to her by Vanessa, Leo was at this party.

"Bria, are you sure you don't want me to come in there with you? You might need back up." Vanessa said.

"Nah, it's just Leo. I think he'll understand that I want to genuinely focus on my senior year and be more available to Monse." Bria said, taking off her seatbelt. "I shouldn't be long, just wait here."

"Call me if you need me."

Bria nods before exiting the car. She walks into  the small home and there's people everywhere. The smell of booze and weed lingered in the air. She starts to look around to see Leo talking to another female. A smile plastered on his face.

Bria takes a breath and walks over to him.  "Hey, Can we talk for a minute?" She asks, trying to talk over the music.

"Can't you see we're talking? You blind Pendeja?" The female said, with her hands on her hips.

Bria rolls her eyes before looking at Leo. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" She repeats.

Leo chuckles before giving a nod, "I'll be back." He said, grabbing Bria's hand. He guided her into a bedroom.

"Honestly Leo, I don't think this gonna work out." Bria said, walking into the bedroom. She takes a seat on the full size bed.

"You can chill with Oscar and I can't chill with another girl?" Leo asks with a slur to his voice.

"You're drunk." She sighs, "Leo, we can talk about this tomorrow."

As she goes to stand up, Leo shoves her down. "Nah, you interrupted me. We're gonna talk."

"Don't put your hands on me." Bria said, getting back up. She reaches for the door to be shoved back on the bed.

"Imma have to teach you a lesson." Leo said undoing his jeans.