xvi. couldn't bring myself

SOME TYPE OF LOVE :: xvi, couldn't bring myself  

SOME TYPE OF LOVE
:: xvi, couldn't bring myself  

May 5

Isabelle paced around, back and forth in her living room debating if she should read the letter or not. She grew intense feelings for Emma and reading her letters now, just almost causes her pain in a way. She could simply just reply back by sending her letters, simple . . . but not quite.

She finally made up her mind so, she walked over to her coffee table and picked up the letter. She took it to the stash where she keeps all of them . . . with a lock. Ripping them up would be like reading them, tearing her apart from the inside out. This fantasy she created of Emma was torturous. She wants someone real, skin to skin. And so after she locked them away, she decided she would go out for some fresh air.

And maybe this was just a coincidence, but her ex husband was standing out in front of her door.

"Dylan." She was a bit taken back by his presence.

"I really needed to see you." He spoke genuinely.

"Why?" The only question that was floating around in her mind in that moment.

He took her hands in his, "To apologize. I was a douchebag who made a really stupid move." He sighed, "I'm not homophobic. I just reacted bad to a really delicate situation." He pleaded.

Saying she was stunned would be an understatement. She didn't expect any of this— at all. She was completely in utter shock. Now there were two things swirling around in her mind. She already was pushing Emma away and now the ex wants to get back together. She was confused. She loved him but thinking about it more, she wasn't sure if she wanted to get back together with him.

"I love you. I did love you. It's been months. I just—I don't know how I feel." At least she was honest with him.

He nodded understandingly. "Coffee sometime maybe? So we can talk about this."

"Sure." She breathed out.

He gave her a sympathetic smile before leaving back to his car. She decided that was enough fresh air for one day, so she made her way back to her place to think about everything and make decisions that could change her life forever.

 She decided that was enough fresh air for one day, so she made her way back to her place to think about everything and make decisions that could change her life forever

a/n:
honestly, did not
see this coming myself lol