xxviii. jimmy fallon

SOME TYPE OF LOVE :: xxviii, jimmy fallon

SOME TYPE OF LOVE
:: xxviii, jimmy fallon

[ 3 1/2 MONTHS LATER ]

Isabelle groaned, plopping on the couch in her living room. Emma has texted her a few times but she didn't reply. She didn't know how. The way they left things was weird and how does someone come back from agreeing to not being together. At this point, she didn't know what to do. So like most days, she turned on the tv and just watched it.

Next was Jimmy Fallon, one of her favorite talk show hosts. She had her popcorn ready and a Fanta sat on the coffee table in front of her. She didn't may any attention to the media so therefore the guest will be a complete surprise to her.

He had just came on the screen and Isabelle had the biggest smile on her face.

After about ten to fifteen minutes, it went to commercial. That gave Isabelle time to quickly use the bathroom and grab napkins cause when you have hot sauce on your popcorn . . it can get messy. She soon returned back to the couch as did Jimmy Fallon.

She was excited to know who the guest would be and to her surprise, she wished she paid more attention to the media.

• • •

"Emma, how are you?" Jimmy exclaimed over the loud clapping from the audience.

"I've been good. How are you?" She had her legs crossed over each other. It make sense she was wearing a short dress which Isabelle didn't mind at all.

"I'm good as well." He chuckled. "But we heard you just wrapped up your new movie. Which if I'm assuming correctly, premieres in two weeks?"

Once again, the crowd started clapping and cheering. Emma couldn't help but smile, she was excited for the movie but of course just like all the other interviews she did, Isabelle was in the back of her mind.

"Yes, you assume correctly. Two weeks, March 17th. I have to admit, this movie might be one of my favorites that I've done so far." She told everyone with a smile.

"Of course, of course. Anything you can tell us about the movie? Nothing that would get you in trouble, cause we don't want to do that!" Jimmy exclaimed.

Emma laughed along with the audience, "There'll be singing, romance. It's the live action of the animation. Not much has really changed." She shrugged her shoulders, "You'll just have to wait and find out."

"Before we transition into a game i like to call The Whisper Challenge, we will take a first look at one of The Beauty and The Beast trailers." He told the audience whose eyes shift towards the screen.

Isabelle just rolled her eyes, muting the tv. She didn't know why she was still watching the show, but she had a hunch. Her eyes were glued to Emma the whole time, so that clearly says a lot.

Once the trailer ended, she unmuted the tv. Soon afterwards, it went to commercial which she was relieved by.

• • •

Thirty minutes has passed and the episode was now coming to an end. Isabelle was now cuddled in a blanket with her green tea in hand, eyes glued to the screen.

"So Emma, any new projects in the works?" Jimmy ask, still seated behind his desk.

"Actually, I've been thinking about something for awhile now and what better way to announce than on Jimmy Fallon? Um- I'm actually taking a break from acting." She announced.

Everyone was shocked, surprised. Isabelle spit her tea out when she heard what Emma said.

"Can I ask why?" He asked anyway.

"I've been wanting to take time off and just focus on me for a little while. If you're not going to do it then no one is. I think self love is very important." Emma explained to everyone. What she didn't add was she was also taking a break to fix her relationship with Isabelle.

They haven't really spoken in nearly four months. They honestly didn't know if they were still together at this point. They never said the words let's break up but after that unfiltered argument, they just assumed. They both been dealing with it by themselves. They told no one. They didn't want too. Part of that reason is because they both had this thought that they would end back together.

Isabelle still sat there shocked to her core. She hoped that she wasn't part of the reason why Emma is leaving acting, that's the last thing she wants— to be the cause of something that's important in someone's life— the source of their income.

She picked up the controller and turned the television off. Since she was still not sure of what exactly happened, she gave it more thought. She knew now more than ever that she needed to talk to Emma. Maybe even tell her that she misses her.

 Maybe even tell her that she misses her

a/n:
EMMABELLE is the
ship ((: