epilogue.

SOME TYPE OF LOVE :: epilogue, five years later 

SOME TYPE OF LOVE
:: epilogue, five years later 

[ 2024 ]

Five years later and they are still thriving. Sure, they met seven years ago and totally skipped the whole friendship thing but who says you have to follow the rules? Are there any rules in the game of love? In the midst of those seven years, they've done more together than people who've known each other maybe two years.

They got to know each other through their letters and just by those it felt like they were already dating. Emma fell in love with the imagination while Isabelle fell in love with Emma. Once they met, everything became full circle. They got to know each other more, they went through a few problems but came out better in the end.

From 2019-2024, so much happened and so much changed. Emma and Isabelle decided to get out of the city, so they moved to New Haven, Connecticut. Once they were settled down and after about a year, Isabelle popped the question. It was a no brainer, Emma said yes.

Two years after the engagement, they thought about starting a family and how they were going to do it. There are tons of options. So for them, they decided on a sperm donor. It wasn't a difficult decision of who it was going to be but Emma still hated it. They agreed Dylan would be the best.

Eventually, Isabelle was with child. Again, it wasn't a hard decision of who was carrying the baby. Just like every other decision they made in the past, this one was also very easy. Then the baby was born and Dylan was named god father of little baby Brylon, but Dylan wanted more. He didn't just want to be named god father.

• • •

Dylan, Isabelle, and Emma all were sitting in the living room in the comfort of the Watson household. Little Brylon was there as well, he was sleeping in the arms of his mother, Emma.

"I'm glad we finally get to talk in person instead of the phone. I also know it's been a year, but this is just how I feel." Dylan began to ramble a bit.

"Just spit it out." Emma was growing impatient.

Dylan took a deep breath and exhaled out, "I don't just want to be his god father, I want to be his father. I mean, he shares my dna too and I want to be in his life more."

"Dylan, you live on the other side of the world!" Emma exclaimed.

"I'll move here!" He quickly stood up and so did Isabelle.

"Location isn't the problem." Isabelle glanced back at Emma then back to Dylan, "It's just that . . we're his parents and I get that he's your dna too but you signed a contract."

"What if I made a mistake?" He simply shrugged.

"At least you're his god father. Isn't that good enough?" Isabelle tried to reason with her friend.

Eventually everything was settled but in court. Dylan had an attachment to Brylon and he wanted to be more in his life. Sadly, he did not win.

Isabelle and him drifted apart after everything that happened, which Emma didn't mind. Full disclosure, she wasn't his biggest fan.

The couple kept living their little life, in a small town with their son. They were happy, kept living in the moment. Just like every time Isabelle and Emma held their gaze, a smile came with it. Isabelle looked at Emma like she was her forever and Emma looked at Isabelle like she was her some type of love.

 Isabelle looked at Emma like she was her forever and Emma looked at Isabelle like she was her some type of love