xxx. two years later

SOME TYPE OF LOVE :: xxx, two years later

SOME TYPE OF LOVE
:: xxx, two years later

[ 2019 ]

It's been two years and the couple couldn't be happier together. They were now living together, Isabelle had just moved in with Emma. They thought it was the right step in the right direction for themselves and together.

For the past two years, a lot has changed for them. Emma has spread out, as in she got places in London and New York. Isabelle helped Dylan find a girlfriend off Tinder, which neither thought they wouldn't ever do. Also, currently, Isabelle is between jobs.

She still works for Meta but she's thinking of getting a job that's less stressful and gives her more flexibility to go with Emma when she goes out of town. In the beginning of traveling with Emma it was fine, but after a few months, it got really busy. Once again, they started seeing each other less and less.

That's when she decided to work part time at Meta and the other half of her time looking for a new job.

"And we're done!" Isabelle exclaimed as she jumped back on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Emma came in, leaning on the door frame, "Any ideas for dinner?"

Isabelle made her thinking face, "Mmm . . . you?" Her head quickly turned in the direction of Emma, who was smiling cheekily.

"As much as I love that, I'm actually hungry. Any ideas?" Emma bit the inside of her cheek. She does that sometimes when she gets annoyed with herself, like she is right now.

Isabelle got off the bed and made her way out the room. "A way to kill the mood." She teased Emma a bit.

"Pizza it is then!" She followed her girlfriend out, while pulling her phone out her pocket.

As Emma was calling Papa Jones, Isabelle was in the kitchen grabbing wine glasses out the cabinets. She placed them both on the counter, then pranced her way to the wine cellar which was in the basement which she also hated going.

She has a thing with basements that she blames horror movies for which is also why she doesn't watch that genre anymore either. If she remembers correctly, Emma doesn't have a light for the basement so like every other time, she pulled out her phone and turned on it's flashlight.

Her hand was gripped so tight around her phone as she carefully walked down the steps. Once she reached floor level, she made her way to the cellar. She opened the door and stepped in, shining the flashlight over all the wine that Emma had stored down there.

She scanned over them a few times before settling on a light pink colored one. She thought it was a pretty color, so she immediately thought it would taste fine. Just like every time she's down there, she ran her way back up stairs.

"Pizza should be here in roughly twenty minutes!" Emma yelled from the living room as Isabelle was catching her breath.

She closed the basement door before heading back to the kitchen to pour some wine. As she poured a sudden thought came to mind, "Em, what are you doing tomorrow?"

"Meeting with my agent, why?" Emma made her way to the kitchen as well.

"I'm going to buy a lamp or something for the basement. It's very creepy and I don't want the basement to be the reason of how I died." Isabelle passed Emma her wine glass.

Emma lightly chuckled, "You watch too many horror movies."

"It was one Criminal Minds episode." Isabelle began her way to the living room with Emma following behind.

"A crime show? Really?" Emma spoke with a tilt of her head as she stared at her girlfriend.

"It was scary." Isabelle simply shrugged.

Soon the door bell rang and Emma set her wine glass down on the coffee table before she made her way to the front door. She opened the door, paid the pizza guy then made her way back to the living room after closing the door.

She sat the pizza on the table as she plopped on the couch next to Isabelle. Isabelle reached for a slice while Emma reached for the controller to the television.

"Anything but Criminal Minds!" Isabelle exclaimed.

"You do realize it's a crime show right? As in no horror." Emma spoke as if Isabelle didn't speak any English.

"Yeah." Isabelle had an annoyed tone towards Emma, "But it still has suspense and thriller, which is just as bad."

The two continued to bicker about what they should watch, which normally happens.

They seem to be doing fine, they're happy. They love each other, they just hope it'll last a long time. No one knows what the future holds, no one's guaranteed another day, so they like to live in the moment. They know they're time is precious, like they know not all relationships last.

It was a weird start in the beginning, Emma didn't know what she was getting herself into and neither did Isabelle. I guess you can call it a happy accident that Emma's letters found their way to Isabelle's mailbox and that Isabelle resonated with the words Emma shared with her.

Isabelle though, she knows that it's going to last longer than a couple months. Because when you look at Emma, you know it's forever.

a/n:ONE CHAPTER LEFT& now im sad that it's about to be over )):

a/n:
ONE CHAPTER LEFT
& now im sad that it's
about to be over )):