Rays of Malice

Link's POV
Liana picked up the shock arrows and the lynel's bow off of the ground. She carefully inspected the bow and stuck the arrows into her quiver.

"Thank for helping me with that lynel, dad!" She smiled.

"Of course!" I put my sword away. "Besides, it gave me a bit more practice."

We wondered up to Shatterback Point and sat on a rock near the edge. She scooted closer to me and I put my arm around her.

"I'm really glad you're back," she said, enthralled by the beautiful landscape.

"Me too," I said in a low voice.

"I don't think mom has really explained it all to you, but it was really hard for us when you were gone. Well, it was really hard for me. Everyday just felt empty without you."

I gave a small smile and pulled her closer. "Well it's a good thing that I'm here now. I have a lot to make up for, like spending more time with you and Valik, spoiling the grandkids."

"You being here now is already making up for a lot of it."

We sat there talking with each other for a while. She shared many memories we had together and I shared the little moments that I remembered. Even though I don't remember much, I can tell that she's grown a lot. I couldn't be more proud.

She giggled, "Oh yeah, and there was a time—" Her expression suddenly grew serious and her gaze locked on to Hyrule Castle. "Dad..."

I looked up at the castle, "What is..." The malice swarming the castle seemed way more saturated. There was a faint yellow light near the top of the castle as well.

"Link," the light pleaded, "Link! I can't hold him much longer! Y-You must hurry... Ugh! I-I'm sorry!"

"Z-Zelda?" I muttered under my breath.

"Wait, dad," Liana stood up, "did you just say Zelda? What did she tell you?"

I stared at the castle for a moment then back at her. My heart was pounding. Are we really going to do this now? I'm not ready, but I guess we have no choice. "Liana, we have to stop Ganon right now. We need to get to the castle!" I stood up and grabbed her arm. "We need to—"

The ground started to rumble and we both fell to our knees. I looked up at the castle. The yellow light shined brighter and the malice swarming the castle burst into rays in every direction. The sky turned red and malice particles started to fall around us.

"Link," Zelda's voice rang loud in my head, "you must stop him before it's too late! Hurry!"

The ground stopped shaking and we both looked down at the Domain. Hundreds of monsters were marching toward it. All of them were either elemental monsters or malice monsters.

"We need to go back now!" I urged.

We swiftly ran down the mountain all the way to the Domain. When we arrived, Mipha was talking to Valik. Both had their weapons by their sides.

"Mom, Valik!" Liana ran up to them. "There are monsters heading this way! And Zelda lost control of Ganon! And—"

"Liana, calm down," Valik put his hand on her shoulder. He looked up at Mipha. "What should we do?"

Mipha looked at me, her eyes filled with courage and determination. "Link, this is your call. Should we stay and fight or go to Ganon?"

I looked all around us. Everything was in complete chaos. Families were huddled together crying. Hundreds of guards were looking around in fear. If the four of us leave, there's a chance that the domain may be overtaken. But if we stay, Ganon will completely destroy everything no matter what we do. The choice is obvious.

"Zelda needs us," I declared. "If we can't stop Ganon then there is no point in protecting the Domain. The four of us need to go. With Vah Ruta, Sidon can help fend off the horde. He can help weaken Ganon when the time is right."

"Then it's settled," Mipha nodded. "We must hurry before the malice spreads across all of Hyrule."