Divine Beast Vah Medoh

Link's POV
I sat upon Teba's back and he flew up towards Vah Medoh. A red barrier began to encase it and there were cannons on each side of it.

"Alright," he spoke loudly above the rushing wind. "It's showtime. Man, even I feel like I'm going to freeze up here! That's Divine Beast Vah Medoh. It has its barrier up again. What a pain... Let's go over the plan. You see those cannons? I'll draw their fire. While I'm doing that, use your bomb arrows to destroy the cannons. If you need to withdraw for a bit, just spread your cloth and float straight up in the updraft for a while. I'll take that as a sign that we need to regroup. Don't bother aiming for anything covered by Medoh's barrier. It's impenetrable. And whatever you do, don't get close enough to touch it."

"Got it!" I nodded and took out my paraglider, ready for when it was time to move.

"Then let's do this!"

I jumped off of his back and started falling towards the ground. I got to the level of the front cannon and it pointed at me. Blue energy was starting to build up inside it and I took out my paraglider so that I could at least miss it by a little if it shot. Luckily, Teba swerved in front of me and the cannon started to shoot at him. He masterfully dodged each laser. I then took out my bow and readied the bomb arrow. Time seemed to slow, the cannon seeming to be the only thing in focus. I drew my bow and shot the bomb arrow. It went directly into the barrel and a giant explosion burst. Metallic fragments began to rain down from it. I got my paraglider back out and started using the updrafts to guide me to the cannon on the right.

We continued that strategy for the next three cannons. After I shot the last one, the red barrier dissipated and Teba flew to my side. I took out my paraglider and started to float up.

"Great work!" He exclaimed.

"Thanks, you too!" I smiled. "Let's get down there."

We glided down to a big landing on Medoh's tail. The ground, and even parts of the walls, was covered in light green moss.

I handed Teba my Sheikah Slate. "Alright, hold that against that pedestal."

Teba nodded and pressed the Slate against the pedestal. The doors swung open and we walked inside. Immediately we were met with a purple malice barrier. I looked around to find a way through, but I couldn't find one.

"I've never seen this before," Teba commented. "Maybe this was causing Medoh to be hostile."

"Maybe..." I looked up at the right corner and noticed a big malice eye with bright yellow irises. "Yeah, I think you're right. Look up there."

Teba looked up and noticed the malice eye too. He took out his falcon bow and shot it with a normal arrow. The malice eye made some sort of gurgling sound and started to dissipate into malice particles. Immediately after, the purple barrier disappeared.

"Huh," Teba looked around. " well I wouldn't be surprised if there's more. One of those things shouldn't be enough to take over something this big." We continued forward and were met with a complex contraption. Big metallic blocks were attached to some sturdy rods. It seemed like the blocks could move on them, but it'd need a lot of force. "The inside looks a lot more complex than I imagined. You know how this all works?"

"Maybe? I'll figure it out."

"What do you mean? Mipha said that you knew how the Divine Beast works."

"She said that I know how to get control of it, which is true. But, this is a lot different than how Rudania is set up. I guess each has their own puzzles."

"Alright then... What do we do first."

"Uh..." I walked forward to the edge of the wall and peered over on both sides of me. There was a different room on both sides that had their own puzzles. I pointed to my right, "Maybe we should go that way."